INTRODUCTION TO SUP CLASS – LEVEL 1 TRAINING
Join Freedom Kayak Adventures (FKA) at Saxony Lake Beach for two hours of Fun & Education.
ACA Instructor Jason Baugh is offering this low-stress, relaxing introductory paddling course for the newbie or the experienced paddler that has never had formal training.
Introduction to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding) Class - Level 1 Training (ITSL1)
As with our Intro to Kayaking, Introduction to SUP is the foundation of learning skills required to competently and safely enjoy SUP, Stand Up Paddleboarding.
You will learn efficient paddling techniques and the necessary strokes to maneuver your SUP in any direction. In this fun and easy way to get started SUP, you will learn about paddlesports safety, equipment, launching and landing. This class is suited for the beginner or those experienced and yet to undergo formal instruction.
Limited to 5 students. RSVP NOW to reserve your spot in the class.
Class Code: ITKL1 - Cost: $55.00* – Time: 2 hours – Limit 5 per class - Advance Registration Required & Appreciated.
- It's best to learn on your own board, but if you need a SUP, PFD and paddle, they are included for the class. (Please let us know when you answer the RSVP questions.)
- In case of inclement weather, we will attempt to notify registered participants of class postponement, but sometimes we won't know until shortly before the event.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to class time so you have time to go over your Student Packet and allow us to get you outfitted with gear for the class.
- This class is limited, so if you RSVP Yes for the class and have an emergency that will not allow you to attend, please update and let us know so that students on the waiting list can plan accordingly to attend.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING - FKA CLASS REVIEWS
- "Jason, absolutely low-key and quickly put everyone at ease, explained and demonstrated every tactic and maneuver. From there he explained and demonstrated everything, and ensuring we all understood prior to turning us loose. I would definitely take another class you might present. An excellent instructor!" - C.C.
- "It was a lot of fun...and I learned a lot. I'm looking forward to improving my paddling skills, and getting on the water with some paddling friends. Thanks, Jason for being so patient! You are a terrific instructor! I'm looking forward to more classes" - T.N.
- "Excellent stuff by Jason... Thanks for the much needed class. Did self rescue a couple of times & loved it." -A.C.
- "The class was so helpful for building my confidence. Thanks for teaching and encouragement." - V. V.
- "Great way to learn some safety for water enjoyment with kayakers.! Thanks, Jason. Great job today." - J. F.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Jason Baugh - ACA Certified Lead Instructor, Guide, Coach – IYAK Event Organizer
For Jason, having a passion for paddling is an understatement, as an enthusiastic paddler that never passes on a chance to discuss everything about kayaking .
He accelerated his paddlesport career by becoming a Certified Instructor by the American Canoe Association (ACA) in Coastal Sea Kayaking disciplines, teaches SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding) and is currently working toward his Indiana Master Naturalist and Wilderness First Aid Certifications.
He loves spending time on the water in a kayak or on a SUP, leading tours, teaching.
Jason develops innovative programs, clinics and instructional programs for groups and individuals, with a diversity of styles, techniques and philosophical approaches.
He serves as the Race Director for the Fall Fling Paddlesport Races at Geist Lake and when outside of Indiana, he enjoys Sea Kayaking in Southwest Florida and the Everglades.
When not kayaking, Jason enjoys cycling, running and rehabbing distressed houses.
“As kayaking is a major part of my life, it makes sense to pay it forward to others and enjoy seeing people challenge their fears and gain a positive experience on the water.”
Suggested items to bring: Wide brimmed hat, sun block, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, water, towel, change of clothes, water shoes, bug spray, drybags, Ziplock bags, a sense of adventure, and a good dose of humor.
For clothing try to use something other than cotton, especially if the weather is cool. Polypropylene or polyester are good choices since neither holds water and they wick moisture away from you.
Here is the Google Maps link for Saxony Lake: http://goo.gl/maps/oDJv7
For more information call Jason at (765) 343-6001.
You may bring your own SUP or use a SUP from Freedom Kayak Adventures.
When you RSVP please answer ALL of the questions.
WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY FOR KAYAKING, STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING, CANOEING AND ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES
Participation in any IYAK – Indiana Kayakers event implies that you have read, understand and agree with our WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY FOR KAYAKING, CANOEING AND OTHER ACTIVITIES. Per the Electronic Records and Signatures in Commercial Act, Public Law[masked] by joining the group, you agree to the terms listed.
I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE, indemnify, hold harmless and forever discharge IYAK - Indiana Kayakers and it’s organizers, agents, employees, officers, directors, sponsors, affiliates, successors and assigns, of and from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages and liabilities, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in any way related to my participation in any of the events or activities conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of, IYAK - Indiana Kayakers, provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful or wanton misconduct.
I understand that the activities in which I will participate are inherently dangerous and may cause serious or grievous injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death. On behalf of myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I waive all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to me or my property, that I may have against the aforementioned released party to such activity.
I certify that I am physically fit to participate in any event and that I have not been told or notified differently by a Physician or qualified medical professional.
By this Waiver, I assume any risk, and take full responsibility and waive any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with IYAK - Indiana Kayakers including but not limited to hiking, backpacking, canoeing or kayaking and/or practicing and/or engaging and competing in any races or competitions or other activities and using the premises and facilities and equipment in any manner, form or fashion.
This WAIVER AND RELEASE contains the entire agreement between the parties, and supercedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter of this WAIVER AND RELEASE. The provisions of this WAIVER AND RELEASE may be waived, altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, only upon the prior written consent of all parties.
The provision of this WAIVER AND RELEASE will continue in full force and effect even after the termination of the activities conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of Simply Laidback Adventures Campers and Kayakers, whether by agreement, by operation of law, or otherwise.
I have read, understand and fully agree to the terms of this WAIVER AND RELEASE. I understand and confirm that by participating in any IYAK - Indiana Kayakers event I have given up considerable future legal rights. I have confirmed to this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me. My participating in any IYAK - Indiana Kayakers event is proof of my intention to execute a complete and unconditional WAIVER AND RELEASE of all liability to the full extent of the law. I am 18 year of age or older and mentally competent to enter into this waiver.