Would you rather talk about concepts and ideas than the latest movies, trends, and small talk? Do you desire either a strong intellectual or emotional connection - or both - with the friends that you meet? This group was created for you! Typical Topics of Discussion Include:
• Ethics,philosophy, education, politics, current events, science,and More!!
Idealists are: passionate, personable, desire an emotional connection, abstract thinkers, dreamers, subjective, imaginitive, inventive, empathetic, concerned with saying the right thing at the right time to inspire or build someone up, warm, and focused on how systems directly help people. Rationals are: logical, objective, desire an intellectual connection, abstract thinkers, inventive, brutally honest, telling it like it is as a way to give constructive criticism so that methods can be improved, and focused on the systems themselves.
Rationals are: logical, objective, desire an intellectual connection, abstract thinkers, inventive, brutally honest, telling it like it is as a way to give constructive criticism so that methods can be improved, and focused on the systems themselves.
We have only 4 Basic Rules of the Group. They are below...
1. Be respectful of all beliefs, opinions, and perspectives. No bullying or manipulating to get someone to conform to your belief or view. State your belief & if your arguments are well put together someone is likely to embrace part or all of your views . Allow them to present their views in similar fashion & stay open-minded. When they present a valid point admit it. Be humbled enough to edit & alter your own views when someone presents something convincing.
2. Arguments & Disagreements are an essential part of this group. Someone does not hate you if they disagree. Keep the focus away from person & onto the issue itself.
3. No rambling; keep the discussion moving & give others a chance to talk. This is not a monologue but a discussion. If you desire to present on a topic that can be the time for your monologue.
4. Because of negative past experiences, we do not encourage political arguments to take over the topic at hand. If we decide to schedule a specific political issue, it will be clearly stated ahead of time, with clear guidelines that every participants will have to adhere to.