addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Illinois Open Technology Message Board › Illinois Open Government Initiative

Illinois Open Government Initiative

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Everyone,

My team and I would like to bring transparency to government by creating an advocacy platform for the 13,000+ bills introduced in the state of Illinois every year and reported using the very cumbersome and confusing Illinois General Assembly website (ilga.gov).

The data for our project can be found by doing the following: in the footer of data.illinois.gov, there is a link to illinois.gov, which then links to "Bill or Resolution Search" under the first column "Online Services".

Dan had asked that I post this, as the information is coming from a source linked to data.illinois.gov, instead of coming directly from it.

Do you think it would be fair for us to compete in the statewide data portion of the competition?
Daniel X. O.
dan_x_oneil
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting this, Steve.

There are a couple of approaches to this. The simplest thing is to find some data from data.illinois.gov that relates to your product and insert it. That is the easiest answer.

The longer answer would be that if we could get the legislation data into data.illinois.gov. We will look into that, but I don't think that would probably happen before March 15.

I will get back to you & all on this as soon as we find an answer.