addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

In Italiano - Italian Language Classes and seminars Message Board › The return of In Italiano In Tribeca!

The return of In Italiano In Tribeca!

Stefano
user 23343261
Group Organizer
New York, NY

Ciao a tutti!

After almost two months of break I am glad to announce the return of  “In Italiano In Tribeca”.

Given the success of the classes of the last spring/summer I have decided to start two Italian language courses: “Real beginners” and “Advanced and more”.

Every Wednesday in Tribeca at Space on White

Real beginners”                                  from 600 to 655

Advanced and more”                         from 705 to 800

Cost of the 8 weeks course                    $120

IMPORTANT:

The classes will be confirmed only if at least 8 students will sign up!

The day after the sign-up deadline, you will receive an email where the classes are confirmed or not.

If we reached enough students, I will send you my PayPal account to all the students that would like to enroll the classes.

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any question.

Enrollment start September 20th

The last day to sign up is September 30th

The classes begin on October 3, 2012

This is how the classes are organized:

Corso “Real Beginners”

“Gia’ dal primo giorno si inizia a parlare, memorizzare e a capire

(since the first day you can start speaking, memorize and understand)”

It is called  “Real beginners” because is designed for those students that are completely new to this language or for those that are advance beginners but would like to review the basics.

The class is almost entirely thought in Italian.

The courses are organized using a progressive approach to the language, learning the grammar while the Student is speaking the language.

*Please see attached the syllabus for this course.

Corso “Advanced and more

Una chiara spiegazione dell’imperfetto e del passato prossimo e finalmente il congiuntivo presente (A clear explanation of the imperfect and past tense and finally the subjunctive)”

This is a class for those students that are familiar with grammar and knows a lot of words and need to practice. It is also great for those students that need to review and practice basic and intermediate grammar.

The class is entirely thought in Italian.

*Please see attached the syllabus for this course.

Explanation of the classes in a form of interview

What is your approach to teaching the Italian language?

I developed a system that follows the students step by step creating confidence and understanding since the first lesson and since the first lesson the student will speak Italian. The courses are organized using a progressive approach to the language, learning the grammar while the student is speaking the language.

Can you give us an example?

Con piacere! Each week we will focus on a single pronoun. For example, the first lesson is about the first singular pronoun, Io. So we start saying: I am, I am Stefano, I am Italian, I am from Rome. Using different charts the students will combine pronouns, present verbs, nouns and numbers. Then it continues with a second round of speaking: Io sono Stefano, Io sono Italiano, Io sono di Roma, Io abito a NY, ad Harlem. Io sono un insegnante. The second week we will review the first lesson for 15 minutes and then we will start studying the TU pronoun.

Each lesson is focused on a different pronoun?

Week by week the student will get more and more familiar with the present indicative, the conditional present, the gerund and the six pronouns, adding the right conjugated verb with the right article, adjective, etcetera.

But the pronouns are only 6

Si, in fact the 4th and the 8th class are intended for review, for speaking and conversation. Also, during the last class I will explain and prepare the students for the next level.

What does a student need to do in order to practice during the week?

I am organizing different events. Indeed besides In Italiano, I organize Art Walks in museums and I am trying to arrange a night in some Italian venue for group conversations.

Spero di vedervi presto!

Ciao