In The Company of Others Message Board › Re: Group News

Re: Group News

Amy
user 3051247
Madison Heights, MI
I've had quite the response from members regarding my suggested changes - both positive & negative - that I would like to address.

First, this is absolutely NOT a moneymaker for myself or any other organizer in our group! This is simply taking care of the venues & waitstaff who are planning on our business when others inconsiderately do not show with no explanation. For example, at the restaurant on Sat. I had called Fri. to confirm the 26 who had said yes, so they added an extra waitress & put us in the upper area that they normally do not open that early unless it is a game day. 10 people showed up, so one waitress was not needed, and they had also opened the bar. I ended giving them an 80% tip on my bill as they went above & beyond. When these things happen, it is a direct reflection on our group as a whole, NOT on those who decided not to show. I completely understand that life happens, but want to make sure that neither myself nor anyone else should have to cover. When members do not show up or contact the host/organizer, we worry & have often waited much longer than necessary.

Second, I know first hand that the economy is tough right now; I will be charging $1 for events that require reservations and no other fees up front, which I feel is very reasonable & may only be temporary. If anyone has any other suggestions, I am more than happy to listen!

Lastly, I feel we have one of the best groups around because of our great members! I am doing my best to make sure people are in it for the same reason I took it over - to have a great time, meet new friends, and enjoy new experiences. Being courteous & respectful not only to each other but to the places we go is very important to me, and I truly hope each of you walks away from events feeling good & having had a fantastic time!

Thank you-

Amy