Everyone is a geek about something, and this group will be welcoming to new-to-geekiness all the way to old nerds! Always wanted to learn about craft beer? Want to have a group outing to the Mariner's game? Always wanted to learn how to play board games? Want to be a tourist? Explore Seattle and the surrounds?
If you aren't a jerk, this is a group for you! We aim to have a very welcoming group, full of people who want to show their passions and hobbies. We believe in an inclusive group with welcoming meetups. We want to provide a safe space for all!
Inclusive Geekery has a strict non-discrimination policy regarding gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
We wish to create a safe environment where all are welcome, so the following will not be tolerated:
• Any form of intimidation, threats, or violence towards others, whether verbal, physical, or electronic.
• Any form of sexual harassment, including inappropriate or unwanted touching, unwanted sexual language or gestures, covert or inappropriate photography, and inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces.
• Any form of hate speech, including any slur or remark intended to disparage, intimidate or harm any race, gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
• Disruptive, destructive, or unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers attendees or venue.
• Any illegal activity or act.
We want a welcoming and safe space for all, so go forth and be excellent to each other!