addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

India PostgreSQL UserGroup Meetup Message Board › Postgresql 8.4

Postgresql 8.4

Ramesh
user 129292802
Pune, IN
Post #: 1
Hi Guys,

I am new to Postgres and started to support postgresql 8.4 running on RHEL 64 BIT. We have some serious performance issues most of the time, getting connection exceeded issue(trying to get the correct term here :-)).

If you guys are supporting 8.4 and have any monitoring scripts kindly share it with me, or kindly point me to the right place.

Also, need suggestion for upgrading to Postgresql 9.3, will it be really worth upgrading to the latest release and overcome the performance issues.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ramesh.