addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indianapolis Lean Startup Circle Message Board › Minimum Viable Product Test

Minimum Viable Product Test

A former member
Post #: 1
Last times meet up was pretty good with some helpful concepts. I decided to go ahead and put together a MVP test myself: http://namelgroup.com...­

Did some Google Ad words and some social media; I'll see how it goes, and hopefully iterate.
Already have one person that was interested, after telling a friend, for a larger size, now we'll see how the market in general responds and what can be learned.
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 1
I think this is a good test. I hope you share the results of the test at next month's event.
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 2
Jason, people really seemed to enjoy your presentation. I thought it was great too. Thank you for compiling all that data, and for sharing the results of the test with us!
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks; I think I got some good ideas, and conformation of more efficient and better ways to test the next iteration.
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 4
Jason, do you think you could give everyone an update on this at the December ILSC Meetup?

We would love to hear about your second iteration and the results of any additional testing you have done.
A former member
Post #: 3
I think stage two may take some more work, as it will involve getting general awareness to test interest in variants of art work - I need to produce some more to do better tests, and sign up for more sites etc.

Also, more time may be involved because this is a secondary side project; but I do plan to do more.

I may not be able to make it to the Dec meet up, but hopefully will in Jan
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 5
From what you describe, I agree that you will probably need to do more work before you can give everyone an update.

That being said, I like your idea of producing more pieces and using them to test which variants interest your customers the most. I think you are putting the right amount of emphasis on testing and customer validation.

I will check back in with you before the February ILSC Meetup. Until then, I wish you all the best.
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 6
Jason, do you think that you will be able to give us all an update at the February ILSC Meetup?
A former member
Post #: 4
Development of project is more or less on hold; perhaps I will work on it a bit more when I have more marketing funding etc.

But I am in the process of writing a web service that should have a much wider market, and turn into a full business; real estate related.
I am planning on putting together a market research survey to send out to up to 13k email addresses, as I complete a working MVP.

My initial private review of my initial partial prototype has been positive.

In the future I still have to decide on pricing structure, and final monitization methods.
I might have some market data to start working with by next time that I could be looking at.

If you are interested, I could give a summery of my iteration plans etc.
Matthew B.
user 12488793
Granger, IN
Post #: 7
Jason, thank you for the update.

Considering the market research survey that you are about to send out--and the fact that you still have to finalize your pricing structure and monetization strategy--I think sharing some information with the group would be beneficial to everyone. They will enjoy hearing about your idea and your iteration plans, and they will most likely provide you with some valuable feedback.

So, yes, if you could give us all a summary of your idea and your iteration plans, that would be wonderful.