Fay H.
user 48223672
San Jose, CA
Hi fellow game devs,

I didn't want to see this group disappear, so I decided to step up as organizer!

I've never been to a meetup for this particular group, but I would love to organize a meetup maybe for the end of the month? I was thinking we can all get together and work on our games, showcase them and get feedback from one another. What do you guys think?

Check out the meetup page and give me your suggestions!

Thanks,

Fay

Aleksey
shihonage
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 20
I like the idea of this group, because it seems small enough to actually work.
Truedat
Truedat
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 41
Hi Fay,

+ 1 for taking initiative. I find meetups groups are a bit like bumper stickers people put on their cars. They are an association of ideology. But how to take an ideology and convert it into action, that's where the bumper sticker "meets the road" and people go and make things happen. Most are content to stick with the sticker but not the call to action.

So key to keeping a young meetup group health is focus on keeping it organic and relevant. Meet regularly as your group demands. Once a month is a nice goal if you have the time to organize that, and find a venue that supports the type of meetings or activities that you have in mind. Don't place emphasis on growth or sponsorship, it's sort of against the purposes of this particular group anyway. Sometimes there is an appetite by the group for more meeting frequency, or bigger events, etc., but just stick with what you are able to pull together and are comfortable with. Focus on finding that regular meeting spot that has good wifi, maybe has a projector available for show and tell, and that will help get the regular meetings happening.

You will find that you'll see a core group form after you hit your stride and things will take on a life of their own with the group.

Good luck!
Fay H.
user 48223672
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Thanks for the feedback guys! And I appreciate all the tips, Truedat!

As we speak our friend Mayank is trying to reserve us a spot at Ground Floor, a co-working space in Santa Clara, for an upcoming meetup at the end of the month. Once we have the venue reserved I will post it and schedule it.

Thanks again!

Fay