Gary Numan

  • March 23, 2014 · 7:30 PM
  • This location is shown only to members

Lauded for his influence as the pioneer of commercial electronic and industrial music by a diverse array of the world's greatest artists such as Trent Reznor, the Wu-Tang Clan, the Foo Fighters and Lady Gaga, Gary Numan has never stopped innovating. Not resting on his vast back catalogue of worldwide hits, such as 'Are 'Friends' Electric?', 'Cars' and 'Metal', Numan has continued to push new boundaries, and none more so than on his latest release 'Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)' (out 15 October 2013), which is already causing a buzz of anticipation within the media with Rolling Stone, Stereogum, NPR, USA Today, Billboard, Nylon, Aquarium Drunkard, Under The Radar, Consequence of Sound, Magnet and more, all giving coverage to the upcoming release. Numan rose to prominence as the creative force behind electro pioneers Tubeway Army, scoring chart-success and worldwide critical-acclaim with the single 'Are 'Friends' Electric?', and the album 'Replicas'. After going solo Numan immediately found global success with his classic album 'The Pleasure Principle', which featured the worldwide hit single 'Cars'. Numan's music has continued to stay in the spotlight thanks to his own musical output and bands such as Jack White's The Dead Weather covering the classic 'Are 'Friends' Electric?', Foo Fighters covering 'Down In The Park', Nine Inch Nails's reworking of 'Metal' and Numan's own collaborations with the likes of Battles. 'Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)' sees the Award winning electro-legend team-up with Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck on his heaviest and most accomplished electro album yet.

Tickets are just $25 at www.thetroc.com RSVP for more exact details as the event draws closer. Opening acts are Big Black Delta and Roman Remains. Show starts at 7:30. Details about where and when to meet will be emailed to attending closer to the date

Join or login to comment.

  • Andy

    Bloody amazing concert - thanks for hosting, Audrey!

    March 23

  • audrey

    I thought this went out in an email yesterday but Andy didn't get it so just to be sure here is the info again:

    Hi Guys, tomorrow is Gary Numan. I should be there around 7:00 tomorrow when the doors open. I saw that some of the Philly Rock concert meet-up people were meeting at the 2nd floor bar so that might be a good location for us to meet as well since most of us are in both groups. Text me at[masked] when you get there so we can find each other. Looking forward to a fun time!!

    Audrey

    March 23

    • Steve

      As a heads up I did receive your email yesterday with meetup info. Maybe the person had a spam filter in their email but I did get it. Also, Is there a way you could add the WMMR BarbQ and 104.5 Birthday Show to upcoming meetups section in the indie rock group. I know last year a lot of people RSVP's for the 104.5 birthday show. The group is somewhat aligned with the 104.5 selection of modern rock music. I added both a month ago in the suggested meetup section of your group. See you tonight.

      March 23

4 went

Philadelphia­, PA

Founded Jul 1, 2012

About us…

This Meetup is community funded

$5.00/year

Member dues are used to:
  • Cover Meetup costs
  • Encourage more engaged members
  • About 88% of your dues go directly to Meet-up.com to pay for our space on their website. The other 12% is taken by We Pay as their fee for accepting your dues payment. The $4.40 remaining is applied towards the $45 a quarter I pay to keep the group op

30 day free trial

No credit card required

After the trial you must pay dues to be a member of this Meetup.

Cancel dues at any time.

Dues are billed each year.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Create your own Meetup Group

Get started Learn more
Rafaël

We just grab a coffee and speak French. Some people have been coming every week for months... it creates a kind of warmth to the group.

Rafaël, started French Conversation Group

Start your Meetup today

Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy