I had a great time during our holiday party on Sunday. It was a really fun time, and i hope you all had a good time too. I thought it was great getting to know you guys deeper then just a volleyball athlete level. I vote we do another party like this in the future =]. I also want to thank everyone that brought snacks and drinks, it was very generous and much appreciated!
Now this Sunday is on as of now. I'm worried that a lot of people may not make it since its right in between new years and Christmas. Therefore, this Sunday is subject to cancellation if we don't have over 14 members that RSVP before Saturday. If you do RSVPéd, please check your email and meetup before coming to make sure that the games are still on. Ill write out emails if its cancelled. I'm thinking that we will be okay though because i spoke to a lot of you last night and the general consensus is that you will be able to make it.
Like always, have a great week everyone!
---------------------Basic rules for Game-day-----------------------
1. You have RSVP’ed
2. You have not been suspended for RSVP'íng and being a no-show (only if it happens a lot, so dont worry if it happened to you once.)
3. You pay $10 entrance fee when you come in to play
Games go to 16 or 21 points (rally scoring), depending if there's a team switching in every match.
-Competitive play will use men's regulation height nets and the recreational (intermediate) players will use women's regulation height nets.
-If the ball touches the ceiling and lands on your side it is still in play, if it hits the ceiling and lands on opposing side, then it is out.
- If ball hits projector it is a redo.
-If ball touches net on serve it is fair game (Since we're playing on rally scoring)
-No excessive net touching for offense or defense (keep in mind that is you touch the net at all it should be technically an offense and the other team automatically gets the point.)
-Both Rec. and Comp. players should be able to play 3 touches. Although we have a Rec. side; all players should have a basic understanding of the rules.
...I’ll add to this list for things that i missed
-------------------------------Competitive. Vs Recreational---------------------------
I have received a couple request from members that want me to clarify the difference between rec and comp. So here is a little list to help you determine what side to play on when you come on game day =]
-be able to serve the ball over the net (over hand or underhand)
-be able to set and bump to pass volleyball to other members on your team.
- Understand basic rules of volleyball
-be prepared for intense games with players that have experience
- You NEED to have experience playing volleyball.
-don't get upset at club organizer for being spike at =p
Hope this kinda helped some of our new members out!
------------------------------Important Club Information----------------------------
-We try and split up the players into recreational and competitive groups. Far side of the gym is for Rec. Players, and the court near the entrance is for the Competitive players.
-You don't have to commit to a group, if you want to play competitive but feel like its too much then switch over to the rec group. And Vise Versa.
-If you arrive late to the game, you need to wait until the game in progress is finished to join your team. Inserting people in the middle of the game disrupts the flow of the game, and it's not fair to players that arrived on time.
- Max players for either side of the gym is 18, meaning 2 teams of six, and 1 team resting per category. I was told that we want to have breaks, so by having the extra team, each team can rest at least every two games (on a full day).
-DO NOT show up unless you have confirmed it through the meetup or are coming as a members plus 1.
- If you RSVP that you are going, please show up. I will suspend members that are repeat offenders
-This league is for people that want to be fit and socialize with others. Join if you are 17 years or older, are in an intermediate level or higher of volleyball, understand the rules for this meetup.
-YES THIS IS COED
- We have the court for 2.5 hours, so don't come late!
- I don't mind people bringing in friends to play, the more people we have the more fun it will be. If you are constantly having the same 'plus 1' then please have them sign up for the group. This will help us be more organized during our meetups.
-If you are inviting more then 2 people, send me a message so i can approve it, I just want to make sure we don't overbook.