IMUPC is a Meetup photo club, organized to meet the needs of/and for all levels of photographers with all makes and models of cameras...from film, point & shoot, the most sophisticated of the DSLRs, etc. This club exists to foster a platform for its members to learn and grow thru additional informal educational opportunities by sharing their knowledge and skills with other members. The club provides opportunities thru numerous photo shoots (almost weekly), taking part in local art fairs, and a yearly special exhibit at a recognized gallery. The club offers a monthly photo challenge for those members who want to take part. The club attempts to assist with a variety of community projects and services. Fun and a sense of good will are prime in all endeavors.
Over the past few years, since IMUPC was first conceived, it has strived to offer a variety of photo shoot opportunities to its membership. On occasion, members have extended those to allow for more camaraderie, a way to get to know each other better, and a way to share those "tall tales" ...actually, more like..."camera talk" re their camera(s), lens, varieties of post-editing programs, wide assortment of "gadgets", etc. The website was created to provide a mechanism, a venue, for posting those pictures...and, not only of photos from the photo shoots, but individual shots taken aside from those occasions...and often of members showcasing a great time with their cameras and new friends.
With the growth and expansion of our membership and the variety of offerings to its members, I am very proud to say that IMUPC has now been designated as an official Adobe user group.
Dues: $30/year effective January 1 of each year. For continuing members, annual dues may be paid anytime between January 1 thru February 28. On March, dues will become delinquent and member will be removed from the roster, per Meetup Headquarters new policies. New members will be given a 30 day grace period. If annual dues are not paid within that 30 day period, they will be removed from the roster in accordance with the new Meetup Headquarters guidelines.
Regular meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursdays at 6 pm (with social and brief business meeting time; then the program starts at 6:30 pm).
The first of these meetings is typically a guest speaker; the second is educational.
To attend any of the photo shoots, events, exhibits/shows, focus groups, special opportunities and/or projects, you must be a paid member in good standing.
Opinions expressed by the Indy MU Photo Club members are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of the Indy MU Photo Club or its organizers. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for and does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information supplied in the website.
In addition, Indy MU Photo Club members are responsible for their own photo submissions. By submitting, members certify that photo(s) are original and do not infringe on any third-party rights. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for the ownership or rights to or for any photos.
1. The Organizer is the owner of this Meetup group, called "Indy Meetup Photo Club", and the one who establishes and presents the philosophy and direction of the club, the MISSION STATEMENT.
2. All leadership positions are appointments made only by the Organizer and must be in line with the club's Mission Statement.
3. Members, especially those in leadership positions, are expected to be knowledgeable of the Mission Statement and actively support it.
4. All members, regardless of type, amount of equipment, or experience or knowledge, will be treated equally and fairly. There will be no exceptions to this.
5. Integrity of the club will be maintained. Obscenity, offensive language, intimidation, snide, sarcastic, or derogatory comments, and/or inappropriate behavior either at or against the club, the leadership, or any of its members will not be tolerated. Those members may be removed from the membership, and it will be at the sole discretion of the organizer as to any future action toward those members.
6. IMUPC will not host or be associated with photos that hint or imply inappropriate or indecency.
7. Although boudoir photography is considered by many to be artful, it's also considered to be very offensive to others. Since it borders on the fence; this club will not allow anything that hints of this permitted on any of its associated websites. Concurrently, if a member has a link posted to/for their own website, and that site contains such, that site neither may be permitted.
8. Guest speakers are invited to attend educational meetings based on anticipated wants/needs of the membership. Respect and full attention is always an expectation of members. Any member who is disruptive may subject himself for dismissal either from the meeting(s) or from the club.
9. Members who step-up to lead an event are more than appreciated and given full authority for the event as long as their plans are presented to the organizer and approved.
10. Once given authority, members who sign up to assist the event host, must follow the direction of the event host.
11. Captions must accompany all pictures uploaded - otherwise photos may be deleted.
12. A new dues structure was presented and put into place in 2013. Annual dues will become payable on January 1 of the new year, payable up thru the last day of February. If payment is not paid by March 1 of that year, names will be removed form the membership roster.
13. Dues will remain at $30/year (from March 1 thru last day of February of the following year). Dues will not change.
14. To participate in any meetings, photo shoots, etc., dues must be paid.
15. By contacting the organizer, one may attend as a guest prior to joining. This is a "Trial" according to Meetup Headquarters policy.
16. Members may bring an occasional guest, spouse, etc. The member is responsible for that person and their conduct.
17. Special IMUPC events may limit those able to attend, i.e. to member only; or spouse and/or immediate family only. If you have any questions re this, please contact me. On occasion, there will be allowances for "others", but those would be an exception and must be approved. Don't assume.
18. All cell phones, laptops, notebooks, I-Pads or any other electronic devices must be turned off and put away during meetings Use of these during a meeting, show disrespect and the person(s) involved will be asked to leave. Anyone may subject himself to dismissal from the club by continuing use.
19. Leadership members are expected to attend and take part in the Annual Gallery Show.
[b]In Closing: [/b] Those who go up and beyond expectations may be recognized in the manner the organizer chooses. It is expected that other members will accept and recognize their contributions(s) and join in the celebration.
As the organizer of this fabulous group, I wish to thank everyone and every contribution, sacrifice, and effort made toward making and improving its growth and health. THANK YOU!!!!
OUR MOTTO: "If it's important enough to you, you'll find a way!"