addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Software & Post-processing › Photo correction software

Photo correction software

A former member
Post #: 8
I did exactly what the video told me to do with the "Alt-click mouse" routine. I saw that the circle changed color but when I tried to cover the spot I wanted hidden, nothing happens. I give up!!!!
A former member
Post #: 9
I think I finally figured out my problem with Photoshop Elements. I tried to retouch a different picture, one that I had never cropped or done anything else to it before. It worked perfectly for me. So, apparently, you have to retouch/clone pictures before you can crop them.
A former member
Post #: 38
Yay! Now you know you aren't crazy, or we know you aren't. :) (I'm kidding of course) Glad to hear you figured out the issue. That is interesting behavior, I will have to install Elements and see what gives, maybe I can figure out a way around it as that certainly sounds counter-productive. My only thought w/o being anything but an Elements noob is that perhaps you didn't fully apply the crop edit before mixing the clone brush in, hard to say.

As you spend more time using clone, just remember that for viewing an image on the web at lower resolution you can get away with more blemishes and imperfections, but if you fix a photo to print at a large size make sure it looks good zoomed in or you may be disappointed in the hard copy.

I myself tinkered a bit with removing an item from a really sharp photo I have and one of my applications did a less than stellar auto-job on it, I may have to manually adjust it further because I would eventually like to print it.

Now that you've conquered Clone you'll have to familiarize yourself with some of the other special tools. Just make sure you work with a COPY of your original file in case you forget and hit Save on a funky version. And Save As is your friend, it prevents direct/instant overwriting and will prompt for a new filename.