align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Indy MU Photo Club - General Forum › Say... Just what does the MU stand for?

Say... Just what does the MU stand for?

A former member
Post #: 2
Say... Just what does the MU stand for?
Carol T.
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 37
Dave/Dan...or anyone else out there.

If you read the letter/email sent by the founder of "MeetUp" that was sent out about a month ago...you'd have a lot more undersanding for all this. I didn't initiate the MU in IMUPC...and YES, it has caused many an eyebrow to raise...wondering "what the heck does that mean?" and I never have had a good answer until I read the email letter. If you don't know... Accordingly, this was born shortly after the 9/11 event with the twin towers in NYC when many neighbors and friends in the surrounding area, who didn't know each other...felt a strong need to get to know their neighbors and their friends, a little better. They wanted to build a strong kin with people of like interests, etc. This all grew from a handful of conscientious friends/neighbors then and look at how many people belong to MeetUp now... Knowing this story, I am proud to have the word "MeetUp" associated with our group. So...we are an Indianapolis based "MeetUp" group who loves photography....a club! So, IMUPC means just that!
A former member
Post #: 3
I will now rest easy knowing what MU means.
Dave: A few lines of humor bring a smile. I was GDI so I never paid much attention to the Greek letters in college.
Carol T.: Right to the point, sort of.
Carol T.
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 38
Dan, I did have Latin (my major) and Greek in college...but that was mega years ago. I would not expect anyone else to know all this. You'll find my writing style today a bit funky with lots of errors...and that's the way I like it. I have no intentions of changing when writing informally...dispite the fact whether it's good grammar or not. I like to write from the soul and not have to worry about gramatical correctness and speak to an audience who wants to listen to what I'm saying...and not looking to whether it's gramatically correct. I have to do that at work all the time...and in this club...I want to relax and just be "me"...full of all kinds of mistakes and errors...hoping to get better...