Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Indy MU Photo Club - General Forum › Background blocking screen

Background blocking screen

A former member
Post #: 5
I go to this site often and everytime I try to view items, instead of the blue background, I keep getting the logo overlaid making the items unreadable. Am I doing something wrong? or is the some setting I'm missing to stop this overlay.
I hope that I phrased the question correctly, I'm pretty good at computers, but this one exceeds my knowledge.

Thank you for any help...

John
A former member
Post #: 6
OK, for us technically impaired, how do you do a screenshot? Also, am using IE for browser. The background covering up the text is the multi-colored crystaline desk top, Not the Meetup Logo. It appears to be the desktop backgrount. Sometimes when I arrow over certain spots, the background goes away, similar to working in layers and switching between layers. I hope that may help explain further.

Show me how to do a screenshot and I'll send it to you..... John
A former member
Post #: 2
John, Don't mean to but in but.... you might try using Firefox for your browser rather than IE. Firefox is a free download and very easy to find on the net. Firefox fixes lots of little problems people have with Internet Explorer. You can get it for Windows or Mac. Like I said before don't mean to but in but I like fixes that follow the KISS principle. Just saying..
Bob
A former member
Post #: 7
@Bpb. no problem Bob. However, this is the only site that I have problems with. Also, in addition to the screen wash outs, The automatic slideshow feature and the manual 1 at a time trigger won't work for me on this site. It may not be a club site problem but could be a webmaster problem at Meetup centrol. I've tried to contact their webmaster to no avail, at least so far. So will keep trying.

John
A former member
Post #: 8
OK, Dave, I got the picture on my desktop. What is your email address, so that I can send it to you?
The picture shows clearly the overlay and then blue background. Actually, send me an email at johndiener@msn.com then I can attach it for you to see....

John
A former member
Post #: 9
Well, I don't know what happened but everything is working fine now. I just hate it when gremlins get into my computer. I have no idea how these problems suddently disappeared but very happy that they did...