Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Focus Groups › Sports Focus group shoot on April 20-21

Sports Focus group shoot on April 20-21

A former member
Post #: 42
Be sure to RSVP on the meetup on the home page so I will know who all is coming for sure. So far only three people have responded.

Jeff
A former member
Post #: 2
Will there be any more sports focus group shots in the future?
Carol T
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 85
Hi Chris...and all sports fans! Response: I hope so! There are different types of "sports" and some want to just focus on one type...cars; football, basketball, soccer, and so on. We've had several people who have an interest...but leading a focus group takes time and energy... Jeff Barrie was very interested in taking on "all" kinds, with few exceptions. He wanted to start from the basics and build...but he got very little support and followers committed to "staying" with the group. As a result, after being insulted a few times, he dropped from that lead role (I don't blame him either!) and almost from the club. I wish he would come back and give us another try! You might want to email him and ask (IndyJeff)... He's a really neat guy....but when you put a lot of effort into something and get shot down...it doesn't feel good! If he says NO, then let me know...and we'll see what we can do. We are having a leadership meeting on January 10 to evaluate just exactly what we want to do...going forward. Focus Groups is definitely one of the agenda items. I'll relay your sentiments (as I think you are wanting this). Let me know if there is a "particular" type...or just "sports" in general. A part of the Focus Groups, as you probably have picked up from "Camera Basics" is a "teaching element". The person leading must be willing to also teach...to a degree. If it is just a matter of going to a sports event...then that can be posted on the calendar at anytime. Any of the members of the Leadership Team can post those. Just email one and tell them what you want...but, do give them some advance notice and information they'll need to post. Don't just say "basketball games"...but, say where, when, which team, etc. Give them more specifics. Do the research for them so all they need to do is Post. If I didn't answer this fully...email me at cthomps4@live.com.