addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Indy MU Photo Club - General Forum › Increasing the dues, will it increase income or reduce the number paying and

Increasing the dues, will it increase income or reduce the number paying and lose money ?

Geoff_K
Geoffrey_K
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 28
"Guess it's ok for those same people to let "me" spend Carol's money to provide and support"

Carol, you chose to do those things. How many were asking for the things you paid for when you bought them ? Would the club have folded without them ?

The $30 is nothing to me, I have spent that in a gas station convenience store without adding in gas costs. My issue is, just because a select few want something doesnt mean the rest should pay for it.

Do we have an end of year meeting where income and expense are discussed ?

If yes, then I can attend and see where it all went. I may say WOW, that makes sense and be a happy paying member. From the sidelines I wonder where it all goes. /shrugs

A former member
Post #: 15
Geoff, Did you happen to look at the document that Carol sent with the announcement? It has just SOME of the costs outlined.

Carol does purchase some items for the club because she sees a need for them. It's debatable whether they are all necessary, but these items don't benefit just a few members, but they are intended to benefit everyone in the club that attends meetings, Photo shoots, Educational Seminars and social events.

The club would not be worth the $30 to me if I were just a spectator logging on to meetup.com. The value is in attending all of the events that the club provides.
Geoff_K
Geoffrey_K
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 29
It has just SOME of the costs outlined.

I am curious if we have a yearly meeting where all costs are listed as well as revenue. I may see that YES we need to pay $30 and be a happy lurker, showing up when my schedule permits.

I have asked this question several times ..... Yes or No on the club having an annual meeting where we paying members can see where our dues are spent ?

A former member
Post #: 12
i deleted my last post. I couldn't finish editing what i wanted to say because i had to go to work.
Over all if IMUPC is going to survive it has to be all the members who make it work not just a hand full like Dave, Carol and the core of members who have gone out of there way to make it work but of all its been Carol who has carried the load and spent out of her own pocket. This year should be about getting the 322 members to come on board. I know its not even 50 who are legit paying members. For this club to survive its going to have to Grow whether its 30.00 more or less
Derek Y.
onemanshow44
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 9
I'm at work right now LMAO, I know I haven't been around lately been helping my daughter and all that good stuff but I did promise Carol that I'd show up real soon. But seriously, we're all grown folks here and we're going to spend our hard earned money on what we think will benefit us the most, whether thats a bottle of smooth Kentucky bourbon, a new photo book on lighting or the latest Kelly Clarkson CD, so it doesn't really matter, it's your money, all I know is I've been here since 9/11/2009 and plan on staying here, my dues are due on 2/9/12 and even though i haven't been in the building for some months, i'm about to pay up now and use that extra 10.00 dollars and try to find me box of twinkies.
A former member
Post #: 34
I am sorry but my membership has expired and for now i cannot renew it. Maybe in the future but for now i am sticking with ICC which is one of the oldest camera clubs in INDY. I wish the club the best...David S (shooters)
A former member
Post #: 1
I joined, last week, and seen the VALUE of the club, as for DUES,

I know all cost rise, and glad the service is there to support my interest,

I seen a bottle of Coke rise from 3 cents to a nickel, many years ago.

Glad to support the club, 50 cents a week is cheap,
Keep up the good work, and thanks for the free bottle of Coke.

Carol T.
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 105
Thank you Mel...and anyone else looking at this!

When I joined this club about 4 years ago, we had no projector, no table/chairs, no printer, no meeting space...no nothing, except we did have a good time going on some photo shoots. Dues then were less. We voted to raise the dues in hopes of making ends meet. Well, that helped...but still didn't come close to the need. Then, we upped them again, and came close with the increase...but still not there. Then, cautiously, last year I raised them again. I felt rather bad doing that...and in honesty, did meet some who resisted (some folks will complain about anything)...but it felt more like where it should be. In reality, I probably should charge about double or more...but I want to be able to offer the members a club for "all". When you start going over $30, that gets to be a bit much in this economically depressed time for some, and I just didn't want to do that. So, I am quite ok with what we charge as it allows me to not have to dig quite so deep into the old pockets...and allows me to feel better when I want to provide some snacks or a special thank you...!!!