Indy Meetup Photo Club Message Board Photography for Publication › Published Photographers Thread

Published Photographers Thread

A former member
Post #: 11
Feel free to post your name and credits of photos you've had put into print in this thread. They may have appeared in a magazine, newspaper, business journal or hung in a gallery or been referenced and recognized by an industry or corporate entity.
A former member
Post #: 26
Here's my first (well, first/second/third) magazine and first published nationally touring artist (that I'm aware of!)... this ad was published in HM, CCM, and Christian Music Planet. In HM it was a full-page ad; 1/4 in CCM, and I know it's bad, but I can't remember the size in CMP. I didn't design the ad. Photo was also used on the back cover of their "WordPlay" CD and the front cover of their songbook. Never mind the gray bar along the top... haven't cleaned up the scan in photoshop.

This prompted me to do a published works gallery on my website.... ahhh.... updating it - something else to add to my list. :)

The next magazine photos should be in the works. I drove my mother to Virginia to a concert back in May, took a few photos since that's what I do... Was contacted by the artist's wife to purchase 4 photos - a magazine is doing a feature article on him so those 4 photos have been sent to the publisher. Now... to see what they use. This artist has written several #1 hits and toured with a band for 21 years, the band retired (I guess you would say) and the artist is now an indie solo artist.
A former member
Post #: 1
I've had countless photos published in a club national magazine. However, I really wouldn't consider most of them worthy of being published, they were mostly there to record the events of meetings and things like that.
- Gaynel -
gaynel13
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 53
I have sold two photos at the"Robbing the Bank" Art Fair.
I have shot one wedding.
I have shot and sold graduation pictures.

I now consider myself a "Published Photographer."
Yippee.
Amy L.
horsepix
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 9
This is the only cover that I've had. It was for the Midwest Sport Horse Journal about 10 years ago -- back when I shot film and thought digital was the devil's spawn! Ha ha. Oh how times have changed. Anyhow, I've had lots of photos published in various equestrian magazines. This was my first one though and was kind of a breakout year for me.

My most recent image will be in the forthcoming Yearbook published by the United States Dressage Federation. This is one of their award winners with her horse. We did a portrait shoot a couple weekends ago and I'm really thrilled with how this image turned out. :)

A former member
Post #: 40
My list of published images are as follows:
Associated Press (numerous times 1998- present)
United Press International (several images 1994-1998)
FTONews.Com (from 2003-2008 multiple sports images on a weekly basis during the school year)
FlashesVarsitySports.com (2009-2010 mainly football images on a weekly basis)
Bowling Center magazine (cover shot and inside images Aug 2005)
Edmunton Sun Sports edition (cover and inside shots on a feature story about Eldon Rasmusson former Indy Car driver)
No Limit Racing (brochure images)
Daily Record Newspaper Lawrenceville, Illinois (Oct 2010)
JeffGordon.com (1995)
A newspaper from Lisbon, Portugal (the Stan Fox Indy Car crash 1995)
Various racings websites of teams and media organizations covering motorsports
Jim Beam Public Relations press release (May 2010)
Some more I can't think of off the top of my head. My most widely published photo was of Jimmy Johnson's firey crash in turn 3 in 07 (?) at the Brickyard. That was the lead photo on AOL News intro page the day after the race, estimated 20-25 million viewers.
Taole Z.
user 26599612
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 2
Wow great job guys!
Amy, I really like the portrait with the horse!

and Jeff, I am amazed that you are really "published"! I've got a lot to learn!
Carol T
cthomps4
Group Organizer
Mc Cordsville, IN
Post #: 55
Aren't we both very fortunate and blessed to have these folks guiding and sharing so much with us.

Thank You!!!
A former member
Post #: 1
I have been published on the Organizing for America of Indiana on their facebook website and currently doing photos for their website.
Also recently sold pictures from the State of Indy Car event and was asked to do photos at Winchester Speedway for the people I sold the pictures to. It is a start I will see where it goes from here.
This is what the club has done for me.

A former member
Post #: 2
Have now been published with the Indianapolis star in the star

gallery of the 2012 Indy 500 I was given a media pass from the star and look to return for the brickyard