IMUPC is a Meetup photo club, organized to meet the needs of/and for all levels of photographers with all makes and models of cameras...from film, point & shoot, the most sophisticated of the DSLRs, and now the I Phone!!! This club exists to foster a platform for its members to learn and grow thru additional informal educational opportunities by sharing their knowledge and skills with other members. The club provides opportunities thru various meetings, photo shoots, taking part in local galleries, etc.. The club offers a fun monthly photo challenge for those members who want to take part. The club attempts to assist with a variety of community projects and services. Fun and a sense of good will are prime in all endeavors.
Over the past few years, since IMUPC was first conceived, it has strived to offer a variety of offerings and opportunities to its membership.
Most recently, we moved from our home at the "Attic" (2nd floor of the Carriage House a part of the Propylaeum) to its new location at the IU Health Building (950 N. Meridian). The Atrio Café has graciously offered us total gallery space in their dining area; and offered us use of their attached conference room, complete with projector and screen.
Members will take turns having the ability to hang their pictures for a set period of time, their theme being their own. In the months of April & May and December, all photos will come down in the Café and the over all themes will be "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles" and "Christmas & the Holidays"
Also, there will be a section for the Monthly Photo Challenge and a section devoted for sports (any type or age related sports).
The conference room will be unique in that it will host pictures that depict the type photography each of the members on the Leadership Team fits most. (One picture each)....and the remainder of the walls will contain pictures that signify the theme of "Helping Others". At this point, the subject matters will include photos of service/therapy dogs, handicappable/therapeutic activities/events, grief, candid shots showing "the smile seen miles away", and historic neighborhoods being renovated.
And...the third floor where I work in this building is very pleased to offer our members space for their pictures.
With the growth and expansion of our membership and the variety of offerings to its members, I am very proud to say that IMUPC has now been designated as an official Adobe user group and also has joined IDADA.
Dues: $30/year effective January 1 of each year. For continuing members, annual dues may be paid anytime between January 1 thru February 28. On March, dues will become delinquent and member will be removed from the roster, per Meetup Headquarters new policies. New members will be given a 30 day grace period. If annual dues are not paid within that 30 day period, they will be removed from the roster in accordance with the new Meetup Headquarters guidelines.
Guests are encouraged to attend, but expected to join after the first meeting.
An occasional question: Where does the dues $$ go? I don't keep records, it's too much busy work and expected accountability; I already have my hands full. But, I assure you it all goes back...and more...much, much more! I often give "thank you" gifts, drawings for workshops/seminars, purchase equipment, studio rental, special instructor fees, special guest thank gratuities, memberships, videos, food, art supplies, contest items, special recognitions awards, etc., etc., etc.
Opinions expressed by the Indy MU Photo Club members are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of the Indy MU Photo Club or its organizers. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for and does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information supplied in the website.
In addition, Indy MU Photo Club members are responsible for their own photo submissions. By submitting, members certify that photo(s) are original and do not infringe on any third-party rights. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for the ownership or rights to or for any photos.
1. The Organizer is the owner of this Meetup group, called "Indy Meetup Photo Club", also "IMUPC", and the one who establishes and presents the philosophy and direction of the club, the MISSION STATEMENT.
2. All leadership positions are appointments made by the Organizer.
3. Members, especially those in leadership positions, are expected to be knowledgeable of the Mission Statement and actively support it.
4. All members, regardless of type, amount of equipment, or experience or knowledge, will be treated equally and fairly. There will be no exceptions to this.
5. Integrity of the club will be maintained. Obscenity, offensive language, intimidation, snide, sarcastic, or derogatory comments, and/or inappropriate behavior either at or against the club, the leadership, or any of its members will not be tolerated. Those members may be removed from the membership, and it will be at the sole discretion of the organizer as to any future action toward those members.
6. IMUPC will not host or be associated with photos that hint or imply inappropriate or indecency.
7. Although boudoir photography is considered by some to be artful, it's also considered very offensive to others. Since it borders on the fence; this club will not permit boudoir photography as a part of any of the club's agendas or on any of its associated websites. Concurrently, if a member has a link posted to/for their own website, and that site contains such, that site neither may be permitted.
8. Guest speakers are invited to attend educational meetings based on anticipated wants/needs of the membership. Respect and full attention is always an expectation of members. Any member who is disruptive may subject himself for dismissal either from the meeting(s) or from the club.
9. Members who step-up to lead an event are more than appreciated and given full authority for the event as long as their plans are presented to the organizer and approved.
10. Once given authority, members who sign up to assist the event host, must follow the direction of the event host.
11. Captions must accompany all pictures uploaded - otherwise photos may be deleted.
12. A new dues structure was presented and put into place in 2013. Annual dues will become payable on January 1 of the new year, payable up thru the last day of February. If payment is not paid by March 1 of that year, names will be removed form the membership roster.
13. Dues will remain at $30/year (from March 1 thru last day of February of the following year). Dues will not change.
14. To participate in any meetings, photo shoots, etc., dues must be paid. This is only fairness to those who faithfully pay dues.
15. By contacting the organizer, one may attend as a guest prior to joining. This is a "Trial" according to Meetup Headquarters policy.
16. Members may bring an occasional guest, spouse, child 13 and older. The member is responsible for that person and their conduct.
17. Special IMUPC events may limit those able to attend, i.e. to member only; or spouse and/or immediate family only. If you have any questions re this, please contact me. On occasion, there will be allowances for "others", but those would be an exception and must be approved. Don't assume.
18. All cell phones, laptops, notebooks, I-Pads or any other electronic devices must be turned off and put away during meetings Use of these during a meeting, show disrespect and the person(s) involved will be asked to leave. Anyone may subject himself to dismissal from the club by continuing use.
19. Leadership members are expected to attend and take part in the Annual Gallery Show.
[b]In Closing: [/b] Those who go up and beyond expectations may be recognized in the manner the organizer chooses. It is expected that other members will accept and recognize their contributions(s) and join in the celebration.
As the organizer of this fabulous group, I wish to thank everyone and every contribution, sacrifice, and effort made toward making and improving its growth and health. THANK YOU!!!!
OUR MOTTO: "Helping Others"
$20/pers for a 3 hr, entire studio shoot...a min of 8, max of 12 (M-F).
Creative Cloud membership twice/year as giveaways thru drawings.