IMUPC is a Meetup photo group, organized to provide and meet the needs of/and for all levels of photographers with all makes and models of cameras...from film, point & shoot, the most sophisticated of the DSLRs, etc. This club exists to foster a platform for its members to learn and grow thru additional educational opportunities by sharing, photo shoots, taking part in local fairs and galleries, and assisting with community projects and services. Fun and a sense of good will are prime in all endeavors.
Over the past few years, since IMUPC was first conceived, it has strived to offer a variety of photo shoot opportunities to its membership. On occasion, members have extended those to allow for more camaraderie, a way to get to know each other better, and a way to share those "tall tales" ...actually, more like..."camera talk" re their camera(s), lens, varieties of post-editing programs, wide assortment of "gadgets", etc. The website was created to provide a mechanism, a venue, for posting those pictures...and, not only of photos from the photo shoots, but individual shots taken aside from those occasions...and often of members showcasing a great time with their cameras and new friends. =================================================== Dues: $30/year effective March 1, 2013. Those who were current on February 28, 2013, will not be due until March 1, 2014, at which time, all dues will become due on the same day…March 1.
Regular meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursdays at 6 pm (with social and brief business meeting time; then the program starts at 6:30 pm).
The first of these meetings is typically a guest speaker; the second is educational.
To attend any of the photo shoots, events, exhibits/shows, focus groups, special opportunities and/or projects, you must be a paid member in good standing. =================================================== DISCLAIMER:
Opinions expressed by the Indy MU Photo Club members are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of the Indy MU Photo Club or its organizers. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for and does not guarantee the accuracy of any of the information supplied in the website.
In addition, Indy MU Photo Club members are responsible for their own photo submissions. By submitting, members certify that photo(s) are original and do not infringe on any third-party rights. Indy MU Photo Club is not responsible for the ownership or rights to or for any photos. =================================================== Membership Expectations:
1. No obscenity, offensive language or behavior will be tolerated.
2. Photos that hint or imply inappropriate or indecent acts of behavior will not be allowed. Although boudoir photography is considered by many to be artful, that is questionable by others, and brings cause for it to not be permitted in this club.
Concurrently, if a member has a link posted to/for their own website, that site must also maintain these same restrictions. that site must also maintain these same restrictions.
3. Intimidation will not be condoned or allowed in any sense. If recognized, it will be made aware and be cause for dismissal.
4. Decisions made by event hosts must be respected. Event hosts are volunteering their time and energies and their decisions are those we will follow whether we agree or not. If ever anyone should disagree, they should talk with the Organizer of IMUPC, not confront the event host.
5. Focus Group leaders are a part of the Leadership Team and have equal rights as "assistant-organizers"...the same as the Leadership Team members.
6. All members will be treated equally and fairly. If there is a concern please contact me.
7. Captions must accompany all pictures uploaded - otherwise your photos will be deleted (after a friendly reminder)!
8. You must be current on dues and in good standing with IMUPC to participate in educational or special speaker meetings, photo shoots, exhibits/shows, focus groups, special opportunities and/or projects. This includes the monthly Photo Challenge as it too is considered an educational offering.
9. You are invited as a "new member" to attend an eductional meeting (or) special speaker meeting prior to joining.
10. Members may bring an occasional limited number of guests; the member is responsible for that person and their conduct. This applies to all club activities. (Number and frequency must be discussed with and approved by the organizer prior to their atendance).
11. Respect to the presenter(s) must be made. This means members in attendance should not be conducting sidebar conversations or displaying any form of unwarranted displeasure toward the presentation or presenter(s); talking on cell phones, viewing laptops, notebooks, I-Pads or other electronic devices during a presentation. These acts show disrespect not only toward the presenter...but toward all other members in the meeting. Those who insist on doing this will be approached to leave the meeting if this occurs after being asked to stop.
In Closing: I will always attempt to acknowledge and/or reward personal sacrifices that go up and above to benefit the growth and strength of the club and its members. (This is my personal commitment.)
As leader of this fabulous group, I wish to thank everyone and every contribution, sacrifice, and effort made toward making and improving the growth and health of this club. THANK YOU!!! =================================================== OUR MOTTO: "If it's important enough to you, you'll find a way!"