Indy Tabletop Message Board › Attendance is up, $1 A WEEK INITIATIVE & Quarterly Game Giveaway
Unlike previous years, our summer attendance has been great! We have been maintaining attendance between 25 and 30 for our Thursday meetups. What does this mean for you? A larger variety of games and players to game with on Thursday evenings. It also assists the organizers when soliciting to publishers for support/ demo availability. So I would personally like to say Thank You.
Starting Thursday, July 11th, Indy Tabletop will be starting the $1 A WEEK INITIATIVE. The program is very simple: stop in Thursday, play some games and donate $1. We designed the program to take input from our gaming base in selecting future games for our ever growing library. Therefore, think of several games that you may like to see and jot them down on the notebooks that will be floating around. Game selections will be purchased from these lists.
A few answers to questions that may arise:
1. Is this a $1 mandatory? NO. I believe in the idea of fostering a great community, but have no plans to induce a fee system. This is a completely voluntary effort.
2. Why $1? While the amount may be small, our attendance makes up for that. $1 weekly will allow us to purchase 3-4 each month.
3. Since the $1 is not mandatory, can I still put suggestions on the purchase list? Yes. As stated before this is not a fee system and would like everyone's input in future game selection.
4. Who owns the games? Indy Tabletop. The games will stay with the group and not 1 person. Currently the games are housed at the Arsenal, but if the group relocates, our library will follow.
5. How frequently will new games be purchased? On a monthly basis. This allows us to select games and prepare an order.
That should cover the basics. If you have comment or questions, please feel free to ask.
Last but not least, our upcoming quarterly giveaway. We need ideas on the next game! The game does not have to be a new release but should be in print and not exceed $60. There will also be a new implementation for how the games are ran. Since running full versions can lead to game fatigue, we will be shortening the games and keep them as demos with a 1 - 1.5 hour max. Now gaining entry for the drawing will no longer monopolize a Thursday night and if you decide a game is not your style, it will be easy to drop without effecting the entire game.