I'm co-founder of Alohar Mobile, a VC-funded start-up in Palo Alto. We're looking for an Android Software Developer to join our team. We're building smartphone software to enable a new category of intelligent & context-aware mobile apps -- like Predictive Siri, Google Now & smart personal assistants.
This exciting area has resonated with the press, with articles about Alohar Mobile in TechCrunch, GigaOm, Forbes, Inc Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal. Robert Scoble named Alohar Mobile atop his list of the nine hottest technology companies he met last year.
My cofounder was the Platform Architect of Google's "Blue Dot" location service, which is used by many mobile apps and maps. He was also architect of Google Latitude. We're a fun bunch that celebrates product milestones with day out at the movies, and other light-hearted events.
Even if you're not available, we are paying $1,500 referral fees for candidates that we hire. If you don't want to "pimp" your friends for money, we can donate the $1,500 to your favorite charity :)
Please email resumes, or refer
candidates to: [address removed] (Alvin Lau, Cofounder) (Email: alvin at alohar dot com)
● Passionate about mobile apps and location-based services
● M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering from a top tier university
● Android Java and/or Objective-C expert (who can pick up the other platform quickly)
● Shipped at least one amazing iPhone/Android app product
● Strong experience with location, accelerometer and other smartphone sensors. Sensor fusion knowledge preferred
● Extraordinary software engineering talent, rich experience with agile software development, a great generalist
● Strong aptitude in algorithms, and in large scale data analytics
● Competency in MySQL or other data systems.
● Experience with building SDK, open Web APIs and participating in developer communities
● Strong analytical and
● Entrepreneurial, be able to think out of the box and thrive in a startup atmosphere
Send resume to [address removed]
(Email: alvin at alohar dot com)