addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Informal Android Developer Meetup Message Board › Google’s Android Hackathon on Saturday, November 16th : Yes, Memes = Cute ca

Google’s Android Hackathon on Saturday, November 16th : Yes, Memes = Cute cats + text.

Graham
user 10580212
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 6
Hi Graham,

Yes, Memes = Cute cats + text.

Take a look at public websites like http://memegenerator....­ or http://imgflip.com/me...­.

We will be designing something very similar. The caveat is that you shouldn't get stuck with the same tradeoffs that websites make. On a phone, keyboard input is difficult, so alternative mechanisms, or playing well with existing applications would make a very compelling app.

Feel free to pass this information onto your Android Meetup collegues.

See you then!
Jill

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Graham Poor <graham.poor@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey excited by the Hackathon.
Can you give some examples of a "Meme App" ? And/Or some description?
I was at an Android Meetup and several of us going to the event were debating exactly what that meant.
There is the general definition of "Meme", just something that grabs mind share or is viral.
And then there are the apps that help people take images of cute cats and put text on them.

Can you give us more guidance?
I am sure I am not the only one who is unclear.

Thanks!

Graham Poor

On Nov 13, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Google Events <google-events-team@google.com> wrote:

Hello,

You are confirmed for Google’s Android Hackathon on Saturday, November 16th at Google’s Mountain View (Crittenden) campus. Details for this event are listed below. Please read carefully and completely.