Informal Android Developer Meetup Message Board › Android Developer Opening - SF
San Francisco, CA
Android Developer - SF California
San Francisco, CA
**Local Candidates only (must be able to work onsite)**
Seeking an Android Developer to work for a successful boutique mobile development shop with a mission to developing the most innovative mobile applications for today’s mobile devices including the iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile, webOS, J2ME, BREW, etc.
As a develoepr you will help design and build exciting applications for the “who’s who” list of operator, media and consumer electronics companies throughout the world.
• Work to design multi-media applications for mobile environments
• Establish solid understanding of the company's internal technologies (we will help you) to support rapid development
• Develop sample applications and sample code for customers which demonstrate both basic use cases and innovative ways to utilize the company's technologies
• Communicate internally, with customers and with partners to improve the company's products and processes
• Assist project managers in assessing, scoping, and documenting custom work for strategic projects
• Implement and/or optimize systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient workflow
• Work well within a team or as a self managing individual developer
• B.S. Computer Science with 2+ years of experience developing mobile applications/systems or a minimum of 4+ years equivalent experience
• At least one year developing applications specifically for Android
• Languages: C/C++, Java
• Mobile platform development experience (e.g., Android, BREW, Windows Mobile/.NET Compact Framework, Symbian, iPhone OS)
• Strong programming experience writing interfaces between C and Object Oriented languages
• Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and professionally, especially in direct customer/partner facilities
• Ability to devise creative solutions to unexpected problems
• Familiarity or experience with databases.
• Strong digital media experience is a plus.
To apply send resumes and salary requirements to: cwilliams at gracenote dot com
***Resumes from recruiters/agencies will not be considered for this position***