addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Informal iPhone Developer Meetup Message Board › Wanted to share my experience when creating an iOS4 to iOS5 update for my app

Wanted to share my experience when creating an iOS4 to iOS5 update for my app

geo
user 5634009
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 59
So the version 2 update of my app was approved this past week. One of the tasks implemented with version 2 was to make it iOS5 compliant which I did successfully. What I didn't know and bother to check was the minimum supported platform I still had it on in the Xcode project. Which was iOS4.3. I thought it was just gonna work automatically.

So this weekend I see a bad review for my app. Basically it crashed on a users phone. Immediately I logged into Flurry (a MUST for any app IMO) to check out the error logs. Well I figured it out pretty fast in my case. I replaced a few deprecated method calls to new ones during my conversion to iOS5. Obviously these calls aren't available on an iOS4 device.

So I just reverted some of these method calls to the older (actually deprecated) call. Additionally I needed a conditional statement to check what UIDevice version was being used to adjust the UINavigationController accordingly. So I scrambled today to submit a 2.0.1 version to the app store for review. Looks like it should work fine *crosses fingers*

So version 2.0.1 of the app is currently waiting for review and will hopefully be released quickly! So for you folks pay attention to the minimum supported version setting. If you're willing to support an older version, please make sure to test it on older version (choose older versions in the simulator).

Regards,
George