Come join us on the Victoria Park Lane Loop - One of the Inland Empire's most beautiful streets.
This is a 15-20 mile loop that starts and ends on beautiful Victoria Park Lane and through the tunnels.
Emphasis: social and exercise
Type of bike: road bike or hybrid.
Ride Difficulty Rating: Easy to Moderate: 17-18 miles in length, 10-15 mph, moderate climbing - less than 1000 ft –
PLEASE NOTE: The time of the ride shown above is the actual departure time. Please allow time for bicycle assembly and inspection, filling of water bottles, inflating tires, etc. prior to departure.
Safety First: Bicyclists on public streets have the same rights and responsibilities as automobile and motorcycle drivers. California Bicycle Laws indicate that bicyclists:
- Must obey all traffic signals and stop signs.
- Must ride in the same direction as other traffic, not against it.
- Shall ride as near to the right curb or edge of the roadway as practical– not on the sidewalk.
- May legally move left to turn left, to pass a parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, animal, make a turn or avoid debris and other hazards.
- Should ride single file on a busy or narrow street.
- Must make left and right turns in the same way that drivers do, using the same turn lanes.
- Must signal all their intentions to motorists and bicyclists near them.
All IEWC Riders are expected follow these traffic laws to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride. IEWC riders are required to wear a helmet and shoes on all rides and are encouraged to carry identification and emergency contact information in their bike pack or on their person. For a full list of CA Bicyclist laws go to http://www.dmv.ca.gov...