addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Inland Empire Preppers Message Board › Only four things

Only four things

A former member
Post #: 732
I'm going to be attending an upcoming advanced survival training school and one thing I saw that was interesting is that they empty out your BOB, comment on all the junk you have in there, and then allow you to keep only four items. The boots you're wearing count as one item so you can opt to take them off and run around in your socks if you'd rather have something else from your bag.
I already know what items I'm going to choose.
What would YOU pick out of your bag ..... and why?
A former member
Post #: 157
Water, boots, knife, fire-starter. Water is essential to keep hydrated, boots to protect my feet, knife for protection/hunting/making things, fire-started for heat/cooking.
A former member
Post #: 164
yep. I'd pick the same four.
A former member
Post #: 737
Be specific. Imagine these items were in your Bug Out Bag. By water, do you mean you'd take a bottle of water out of your BOB? Or did you select the water filter set? What kind of fire implement do you want to salvage from your pile of belongins? Was it a Bic lighter or a box of matches .... or?
A former member
Post #: 158
Ok, if I'm near water, I'll take water purification tabs. The fire starter is a magnesium strip with a striker.