Apr 6, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
- Meet at Haynes house at 6:00 pm. (Address available after sign-up) Judging will begin at 7:00 pm
- Chili Recipes must be prepared ahead of time and be hot before judging. We recommend that you bring your chili hot, but you can warm up when you get there.
- We need volunteers to bring items for the toppings bar- grated cheese, sour cream, charred limes, chopped cilantro, chopped onions, tortilla chips, cornbread, etc. Check the Message Board for a list of items you may volunteer to bring.
- Each participant must provide a minimum of 20 servings of chili.
- Any type of chili is welcomed. If you want to make a vegetarian chili, go for it!
- We are looking for three volunteer judges.
- Contestants will be judged on “Appearance, Texture, Taste and Color, etc. Please email a copy of the recipe so we can post it to our message board. (word format)
- Cold beer and soft drinks will be in abundance. Fire extinguishers may be present as well.
- Prizes will be given.
There will be no charge for this event
1st– It's the Best
Hottest – 'Nuff said
Most Unusual – Show us what you've got