Innovators and Entrepreneurs of MSP Message Board › Self-nominations for Popular Science Invention Awards Due Jan 4th

Self-nominations for Popular Science Invention Awards Due Jan 4th

Clyde H.
user 17116041
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Calling all inventors.... We received this email and am forwarding it to you!

I'm a reporter with Popular Science magazine. We're looking for nominations for our 2013 Invention Awards, and I hoped you might have some suggestions. Our magazine reaches millions of pairs of eyes each month, so this could be a great opportunity for an independent inventor to get his or her idea out into the world.

First, here are more details on what we're looking for:

-We give awards to inventors/inventions that solve a problem in an innovative way
-The invention should be the work of independent inventors or small teams. Inventions created wholly in universities or big R&D departments will not be considered.
-The invention should be a physical object with a working prototype
-The invention should be relatively new, having been created or prototyped or made some sort of significant progress in 2012
-And lastly, the invention shouldn't be on the market yet

Can you think of a neat invention that might fit those criteria? My colleague Elbert Chu (, cc'd) and I are putting together a list of candidates by January 4, and would love to hear your suggestions. Please feel free to forward this email to your group members or anyone else who might be interested.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

(Make sure you have filed a patent application before if you intend to patent your invention)