Inquisitive Minds Message Board › Job opportunities
|A former member||
I know there are a few IM-ers who are actively looking for employment. I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread where people can post job opportunities that they know about. I'm a member of a few different listservs so I get job opening announcements in my email as a matter of course.
I hope this will be helpful and I encourage everyone to add to this thread whenever you come across a good lead.
Good luck job hunters!
[Update June 14, 2010 -- I will delete entries that are 4 months or older from this list so that it doesn't overpopulate with old information. --anor]
Edited by User 8,593,359 on Jun 14, 2010 10:03 AM
|A former member||
[Mar 4, 2010]
A Certified Financial Planner ... is looking for a part-time Executive Administrative Assistant in his office in Lexington. He is looking for someone about 20 hours a week. Hours are flexible. If interested, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. He requests no phone calls.
Part-time Executive Administrative Assistant
· Client service and client account maintenance
· Create and maintain spreadsheets of all types
· Bookkeeping utilizing Quicken
· General office duties: filing, copying, schedule meetings
· Work in small office setting
· 3-5 Years Administrative Experience
· Strong numerical and analytic skills
· Proficient with Mac and PC Computers and Quicken, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Attention to written and numerical detail
· Ability to quickly learn financial software
· Professional communication skills (written and oral)
· Must be proactive and have excellent organizational skills
· Knowledge of investment industry and interest in developing financial planning skills is preferred
|A former member||
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM, <...@rcn.com> wrote:
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Application Software Developer
Bring your passion for developing data-driven application software to Curaspan, and help build our software-as-a-service Web application that serves health-care professionals and their patients. eDischarge, which is deployed in more than 250 hospitals nationwide, has revolutionized the business process of finding the right follow-on care for patients after hospitalizations.
As an application software developer, you will be a key member of our software development team, focused on making complex technology look simple and fast so it delights end users. Your drive to get things done will make a measurable difference to people’s health and the success of their care providers. Your professional skills with mySQL, Oracle, Java, and PERL as well as other open-source tools on the Linux / GNU platform will position you to learn a lot about the real world of health information systems. If you have experience with large-scale report generation or message queuing it would be a great help. Your experience with developing applications that use PDF forms and web browsers is a strong plus. Experience in the health-care IT field, especially with HL7 or with HIPAA, will help you come up to speed quickly.
We are looking for someone with at least three years of solid experience in a disciplined software development team. Your experience with spec and code reviews, unit testing, source code control, and continuous integration tools will be very helpful. You also need excellent written and oral communications skills, a proven ability to work with both local and remote colleagues, and the curiosity and flexibility to thrive in the complex and fast-changing world of health care information technology.
You will work in our headquarters in Newton, MA, conveniently located near the Mass Pike, commuter rail, and express bus lines, You will report to the Director of Development, to:
• Develop, troubleshoot, maintain, and help document components of the Curaspan Web application system and associated back-end support and reporting software, using appropriate technologies and tools.
• Work closely with the company’s development, tech support, network operations, and product management teams to ensure that we deliver top-quality actionable information and service to our customers.
• At least three years of professional experience in software development in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Experience using Linux / GNU or other open source operating systems to handle customer information.
• Knowledge of application design and development for either Oracle (10g / 11g) or mySQL (5.1), preferably both.
• Experience with three or more of these technologies: Java/JDBC, PERL/DBI, report-generation technology, ActiveMQ, PDF, ColdFusion, OCR, shell-scripting, Subversion, eclipse, VMWare, Selenium.
• Experience at making high-volume software perform stably and with high througput.
• Good skill at communicating in oral and written English with professionals in various disciplines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or equivalent experience.
You will have the opportunity to work in an expanding company, with the possibility to grow into a leadership role in development or systems architecture consistent with your interests and skills as well as the company's needs.
ABOUT CURASPAN HEALTH GROUP:
Privately held Curaspan Health Group builds secure patient-transition networks for hospitals, post-acute providers and suppliers to optimize patient care. Curaspan software-as-a-service applications (SaaS) empower users with real-time, predictive decision-making data that enables all participants to continuously monitor care, optimize communication and ensure compliance. This informatics exchange is integrated with the proprietary Curaspan Provider Data Bank, the industry’s most comprehensive and up-to-date system of actionable patient-transition intelligence, and is complemented by the clinical expertise of credentialed advisors. The Health Care Advisory Board and KLAS have recognized Curaspan for its leading transition-planning software.
Please note: We cannot consider new graduates or provide relocation assistance. We cannot sponsor your application for a visa or visa extension, or H1B transfer. Principals only; we don’t have time to field calls from agencies.
Compensation, including salary, benefits, 401(k) matching, and stock options, are in line with experience.
Edited by User 8,593,359 on Apr 30, 2010 6:12 PM
|A former member||
[Jun 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Gang Chen wrote:]
We are looking for a server side Java developer with at least 5 years working experience.
1. Solid Java core programming skills with Java 1.5 and above. Solid computer science background with good understanding of data structure and familiar with commonly used algorithm.
2. Solid knowledge and hands on experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate.
3. Web service knowledge and working experience is required. Familiar with both SOAP based web services and Restful web services implementation. At least worked on one of commonly used Java web service frameworks.
4. Solid working experience with one of open source Application servers, such as Tomcat/Jetty, Jboss.
5. Knowledge of computer networking and distributed system. Understanding of cloud computer is a plus.
If interested, please send your resume to gchen217 AT yahoo DOT com.