Our community meets every Thursday from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm to meditate, connect, and to hear and discuss the dharma at the Berkeley Buddhist Monastery Our guiding teaching is Spirit Rock teacher, James Baraz along with teacher in training, Kate Janke and a number of excellent guest speakers. To find out more, visit www.insightberkeley.org
The Evening's Program
* Begin at 7:30 pm with forty minutes of silent meditation. There is no introduction; so once you are settled, sit quietly and begin your meditation. Brief meditation instructions are given on the first Thursday of each month.
* Brief chant in the Pali language. Feel free to join in or to continue sitting silently. * Community announcements.
* Ten minute break to stretch, socialize, or pick up information at the greeter table. A bell ends the break.
* Dharma talk, which is usually followed by discussion and questions.
* End at 9:30 with a lovingkindness meditation or dedication of merit.
We hope you'll join us!