addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Interesting Readings Message Board › Poll: the new Meetup.com.

Poll: the new Meetup.com.

Gwen W.
user 13450820
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Post #: 5
Let me know your thoughts on the new Meetup.com, whether we should stay here, or whether you'd rather hire a ship and skip this rock (i.e. move the group to a new location).
A former member
Post #: 21
I'm ambivalent. I'm more concerned about the fact that this is an expense for you.
A former member
Post #: 39
Hi Gwen!

I'm not a big fan of the new meetup design, but c'est la vie; I still think it's a pretty good medium for this sort of thing.

For what its worth, since I have been cross-posting the Interesting Readings meetups to the Philly Sci Fi meetup group, if you wanted to move Inteersting Readings to another medum I'd be happy to continue cross posting your meetups to give your group a continuedpresence on Meetup. Drop me a message if you're interested in going that route down the line.

Andy
Gwen W.
user 13450820
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Post #: 7
I'm ambivalent. I'm more concerned about the fact that this is an expense for you.

If people don't balk too much, I may start passing the hat at meetings - the goal wouldn't be to cover the entire cost, but to defer a little of it. A dollar or two may help :)
Gwen W.
user 13450820
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Post #: 8
Hi Gwen!

I'm not a big fan of the new meetup design, but c'est la vie; I still think it's a pretty good medium for this sort of thing.

For what its worth, since I have been cross-posting the Interesting Readings meetups to the Philly Sci Fi meetup group, if you wanted to move Inteersting Readings to another medum I'd be happy to continue cross posting your meetups to give your group a continuedpresence on Meetup. Drop me a message if you're interested in going that route down the line.

Andy

Thanks, Andy! I appreciate the offer!
Gwen W.
user 13450820
Group Organizer
West Chester, PA
Post #: 9
I think that even with the changes, it's a superior platform than many others I've come across. But it also has another advantage: an active community!