This talk provides guidance to business-owners on legal issues that arise when raising finance, negotiating contracts and creating legal processes, all of which can support growth.
More specifically, this talk;
• Covers 7 key areas of business and gives clarity and insight on how to protect your business by preventing legal disasters, without a lawyer.
• Discusses how to deal with material contracts and how to get maximum value out of them for the business
• Top tips on systems to implement to make your business more robust in the long run
• A simple guide to contract terms/wording and red flags to look out for before signing
• Suggestions on what to do if your business does run into legal issues
• Different types of investment and exit vehicles (including IPO and acquisition) from a legal perspective and succession planning
Also imagine selling or retiring from your company in 3-5 years’ time effortlessly and easily without complication and without excessive legal fees!
Jo has recently delivered talks at American Express, Google Campus, BNP Paribas, City Business Library, City University and others and received feedback such as: “very vibrant, informative session that helped me break down some of the tricky legal points that I need to consider”, “very good and useful on the legal aspects of business,” and “great speaker and presence”.
Jo Rogers is the CEO and founder of NaviStar Legal. She is a dual-qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in both New York and England.During her career, she has helped early-stage companies around the world to raise over $½ billion, sell and buy other companies and list on the AIM stock exchange.As a business-owner herself, she designed NaviStar Legal with a unique understanding of the legal profession and the problems facing small businesses in the UK.
She helps small businesses to become their own in-house lawyer.“Our purpose is to create a radical movement of professionals that serve businesses through affordable wisdom and visionary leadership. In the next 5 years we are creating a tribe of 10,000 next generation professionals to provide affordable wisdom to small and medium businesses.