San Diego International Meetup Message Board › The Oreo Mystery

The Oreo Mystery

A former member
Post #: 83
A former member
Post #: 87
You may be right...we're #1 when you ask Google "Why do people dunk oreos in milk?"

I've created a monster again...

By the way, I LOVE saying "I created a monster." It is such a cool thing to say. It's very narcissistic and pleasant. It's like saying, "I'm such a genius, but if my creation did harm to others, it's not my responsibility. But I'm still cool and even deserves some sympathy from others because you must know that I would be traumatized if it got out of control."
Mamdouh
user 2345642
Mississauga, ON
Post #: 66
Since I don't eat junk food, I would not know the answer.
But I can't really imagine anyone dipping an Oreo cookie in milk, since it will take forever for it to absorb any amount of milk. It is purely a marketing plot used in advertisement. But people feel they have to dip them in milk since it's been shown repeatedly on TV.

On a side note I would like to mention the health risks of Oreo cookies in particular, as they are filled with trans fats, that have been linked to high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes, obesity and cancer.

In addition these evil cookies contains (GMOs) genetically modified ingredients, like hydrogenated soybean oil. Animal tests showed damage to the immune system, abnormal changes in the organs, poor brain development, cancer, allergies and even death. The environmental scientists too have blown a whistle on GM crops. As they destroy the natural eco-balance and contaminate non-GMO areas.

And lastly, these horrible things contain antibiotics and growth hormones from the milk and eggs they are made with.

Stephen L. Joseph, a San Francisco lawyer, filed a suit in Marin County Superior Court against Kraft Foods, the maker of Oreos, seeking to ban the cookies in California because they contain trans fats.

New York Times articles on Lawsuit
A former member
Post #: 220
Why don't you try ham with chocolate or bananas with mustard?
Jenn :.
jlb92102
San Diego, CA
Post #: 460
I will bring the sinister Oreos and milk to documentary night. I have soymilk, too. Let's test the Oreos in milk (I'll buy organic) against the soy. Now...who's bringing the blindfolds? Could get fun!

Maybe I'll even bring my toaster, white bread, and hot chocolate with marshmallows if you guys are lucky.

Mark, hope you can make it, too. Didn't see your RSVP yet. You know you want to drive that cool hybrid down to San Diego and eat dunk-worthy snacks.

Jenn
A former member
Post #: 6
A very interesting series of posts considering the NABISKNO Company (National Biscuits of Korea, North) sponsors the Mass Games! What shameful product placement! I'm surprised ESL has dunk to this level.
A former member
Post #: 89
I will bring the sinister Oreos and milk to documentary night. I have soymilk, too. Let's test the Oreos in milk (I'll buy organic) against the soy. Now...who's bringing the blindfolds? Could get fun!

Maybe I'll even bring my toaster, white bread, and hot chocolate with marshmallows if you guys are lucky.

Mark, hope you can make it, too. Didn't see your RSVP yet. You know you want to drive that cool hybrid down to San Diego and eat dunk-worthy snacks.

Jenn

Bummer! Sunday nights are usually the best days for me to go to San Diego, but just not this weekend. You are dunking without me! Could you at least make a Oreo-dunking video clip for me using your digital camera?

On a side note I would like to mention the health risks of Oreo cookies in particular, as they are filled with trans fats, that have been linked to high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes, obesity and cancer.

In addition these evil cookies contains (GMOs) genetically modified ingredients, like hydrogenated soybean oil. Animal tests showed damage to the immune system, abnormal changes in the organs, poor brain development, cancer, allergies and even death. The environmental scientists too have blown a whistle on GM crops. As they destroy the natural eco-balance and contaminate non-GMO areas.

In other words, Kraft Foods gets to say, "I created a monster..."

A former member
Post #: 86
But other than that, Mamdouh, they're okay? ;p

Since I don't eat junk food, I would not know the answer.
But I can't really imagine anyone dipping an Oreo cookie in milk, since it will take forever for it to absorb any amount of milk. It is purely a marketing plot used in advertisement. But people feel they have to dip them in milk since it's been shown repeatedly on TV.

And lastly, these horrible things contain antibiotics and growth hormones from the milk and eggs they are made with.

Stephen L. Joseph, a San Francisco lawyer, filed a suit in Marin County Superior Court against Kraft Foods, the maker of Oreos, seeking to ban the cookies in California because they contain trans fats.

New York Times articles on Lawsuit

A former member
Post #: 87
As an update: Oreos no longer have trans-fat. Neither, for that matter, do Newmanos.

More on this in the files section, as our investigative reporter plumbed the depths of the murky sea that is the sandwich cookie industry.
A former member
Post #: 90
As an update: Oreos no longer have trans-fat. Neither, for that matter, do Newmanos.

More on this in the files section, as our investigative reporter plumbed the depths of the murky sea that is the sandwich cookie industry.

Very cool video clip, but it stops right before you reveal the most important mystery in life... This is why we have to go to our meetup events more often...almost as often as what you normally do by yourself a few times a week.