addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego International Meetup Message Board › Events, Events, Events!!

Events, Events, Events!!

A former member
Hi Everyone,

As you have seen through the last few emails, there has been a push to revitalize the group to its former glory. That being said, we realize that the type of events have changed, and the interest from the members are diverse.

At the Documentary Night, many of us had a "round table" discussion of some future events, and before we set them up I'd like to gauge the interest by requesting you to post your views. It only takes a min to put down your thoughts and suggestions, and by doing so, it allows the organizers to go ahead and post events.

Please use the group's Message Board (located on the left side of the page "Messages") to give us your feed back.

Here are a list of ideas that were brought up, some are past events:

*Laser tag

*Speed "meeting" (like speed dating, but a fun event to meet people)

*Scavenger hunt (many types, where you meet people/ find things, etc)

*Meet up event for new members located at a public space

* Walking tours of various neighborhoods (weekdays and weekends)

*Restaurant tours (a different course at a different restaurant, varied to a specific neighborhood each time)

*Large gatherings in open public spaces (if you have a house and are willing to open it up for parties, please let it be known)

*Hikes/ walks

*Cultural events/museums/ festivals/ etc

*Camping (you will be responsible for all things pertaining to you eg: food, gear, transport, fees)

*In order to have some events, fees can be paid in advance through a pay pal method.

*Please list any other ideas you may have, and also check out the poll (under "Polls" on left side)

Thanks for reading this, and we hope to have more enjoyable events for the group.
San Diego, CA
Post #: 15
I am gung-ho about the following event ideas (of course I would love for them to be on the weekends!):

- Speed "meeting" (very innovative idea!; let's limit this to 20 people AND encourage new folks to participate)
- Laser Tag
- Picnic/BBQs by the beach or Mission Bay (take advantage of our fine weather)
- Neighborhood walks
- Cultural festivals/events
- Ethnic restaurants
- Travel photography slide show
A former member
Post #: 89
For the record, at this point (with 40 responses) the top 3 most desired increases are:

1) Parties and potlucks
2) Cross-cultural events
3) Day trips and hikes

By the end of the weekend, we'll have had at least one of each. So...good work, team!

Incidentally, the only thing people said they didn't want more of was "other" - so I must have done a pretty good job of listing everything. Good work, me!

I wanted to add that I like Ricky's idea of having some events that are newbie-friendly. Maybe we can have some that are restricted to new members (and an organizer or two) only? *shrug* Just a thought.