addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego International Meetup Message Board › San Diego Asian Film Festival

San Diego Asian Film Festival

A former member
Post #: 101
Hey,

So, the SDAFF is starting soon, and the only film I got wind of is Year of the Fish. Anyone know any other good ones? I'm looking at this one Korean gangster flick called A Dirty Carnival. Here's a review I found:
The best Korean gangster movie since "Friend," "A Dirty Carnival" elevates the genre to an epic narrative level as it follows the rise and emotional decline of a smalltime hoodlum. Full of swiftly etched, well-developed characters and peppered with taut action sequences, pic has the kind of long-reaching dramatic span more often seen in regular dramas.

These also look good:
Modern Day Arranged Marriage
No Regret
Shanghai Kiss

Anyone else interested in going? There are too many good ones!!
CE
A former member
Post #: 109
hello-

My friends (Japanese meetup group) and I are going to see this Japanese documentary film

The Great happiness Space: Tale of an Osaka Love Thief

When:
Saturday, October 13, 2007, 7:45 PM 20071014T024500Z
Where:
UltraStar Mission Valley (Hazard Center)
7510 Hazard Center Drive
San Diego , CA 92108

Info/Map
Description:
Japanese documentary film at San Diego Aisan Film Festival

Japan | Japanese w/E.S. | 76 min. | DigiBeta | 2006

DIRECTOR: Jake Clennell
PRODUCER: Jake Clennell
CINEMATOGRAPHER: Jake Clennell

for more info http://japanese.meetu...­

hope you can make it!