addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego International Meetup Message Board › HOw do you read an inspection report?

HOw do you read an inspection report?

A former member
Post #: 10
HI,

I thought I would ask a small favor. I am looking for houses right now and one of the places I really like has already had an inspection report. Does anyone know how to read it and explain it to me. There are many words like minor damage to the foundation and recommended fixes etc. But I need to know how minor it really is and if there are alot could that mean its a lemon.

Brooke
A former member
Post #: 108
hey Brooke,

Well you know what happened with our place, so I say go for a place with NO issues. Also, see if you can find out from the person who wrote it up, what exactly the damage was, and what the recommendations are. If you are going to invest in the place, be sure to get all details. You have every right to know ALL before putting money down. Also, find out if the foundation was taken care of, b'c that's REALLY expensive, also you can ask in your closing that that be something the seller has to fix, if you want this place.

Good luck Brooke!
Cham
Dan
danielva
San Diego, CA
Post #: 50
Brooke,

Minor cracks in concrete slabs are normal. If you're interested in the place, the safest way would be to ask for a new inspection (normal costs $200-$300). The new inspector will point out all the major problems to you on the spot. ~Dan V.
A former member
Post #: 59
hi brooke ~ i can ask my realtor friend miranda to recommend a specific home inspector if you would like. the one she recommended for us did a good job. ~ :) ~ fel
Jenn :.
jlb92102
San Diego, CA
Post #: 463
We had a great home inspector we can recommend. I also found our agent, David, (also a friend of Victor's) to be a great resource. He's a sharp guy and is very knowledgable. Let me know if you want their information. Buying a place is a huge undertaking. I'll help with tips if I can. I haven't been able to check my email regularly, but feel free to call or email me with questions.

Good luck! :)

Jenn