I went on my very first snowshoeing trip few weeks ago and LOVED it! So I thought next time some of you may like to join me!?
The plan is to explore with snowshoes the accessible and beautiful mountains range of Upper Styria or Lower Austria (location depends on weather and snow conditions).
With snowshoes we can move along often where no one else is and even venture off trail to explore forests, away from the crowds that make up the ski slope scene.
You need NO previous snowshoeing experience and snowshoes/poles are provided! However, the ‘way up’ the mountains can be tough so you need to be reasonably fit and used to walk up hill. You will also need hiking boots covering your ankles!
We will be guided by Yannick, experienced and qualified guide from Trekking Austria - www.trekkingaustria.com
Here further information - please read carefully:
We will leave Vienna at 7:30am and return at 19:30 latest
Walking time: 4-6 hours
Vertical height: between 700m and 1200m
Price: 50,- €/person (min. 7, max. 8 people)
• English speaking, experienced & knowledgeable guide
• Snowshoes and poles
• Free Vienna pick-up & drop off (in 9 seats van)
Price does NOT include:
• Food and drink (please bring packed lunch and drinks)
• Mountain rescue insurance
Registration & payment:
• A deposit of 25,- EUR/person is due by Tuesday 29th January. Bank details will be sent separately to attendees. Booking is not finalized until the deposit is paid
• Remaining balance is due in cash directly on the day at the meeting location.
There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered full refund of the deposit.
Required items to bring:
□ Warm hat
□ Warm gloves
□ Mountain trouser, double–layer trouser (ski trousers are ok)
□ Rain jacket
□ Mountain/hiking boots covering your ankles. Your boots must be well broken in before the trip. Please do not let the enjoyment of your trip be severely compromised by blisters!
□ warm socks
In the backpack (medium size - 40 l. max.)
□ Thermos or water bottle
□ Sunblock and lip balm
□ Money (in case we make a break in a hut)
□ Lunch packet, emergency rations (chocolate, candy bars, etc.), personal snack food
□ Personal medications
□ Rain trouser (to keep the trouser dry)
□ Toilet paper
□ Plastic bags to store gear inside your and for the waste
□ ID or passport, alpine club membership card, mobile phone, camera
□ Blister treatment. Compeed patches are the best.
• Check distance, pace and terrain of hike to ensure it is within your fitness level. Contact me before the hike if you have any questions or concerns.
• If you have any health problems that could affect your hiking performance, inform me.
• If you have any known asthma, allergies or hay fever, carry an¬tihistamines. Asthma sufferers should carry their asthma medications or inhalers. Allergy suffers should carry an EpiPen(s) and ensure someone on the hike knows where you carry these. Diabetics should carry their medication.
• Take a spare pair of shoes to change into at the end of the hike or carry plastic bags to protect the car from muddy boots.
• In case you have forgotten parts of your equipment at home, please be so kind as to let me know about it before starting the tour
• The guide will bring along a comprehensive first aid kit on each trip
• Pack light and don't take too much (total weight: 5 - 7 kg)!
For any question, feel free to contact me.
This trip is subject to Trekking Austria Terms and conditions which are available on www.trekkingaustria.com