Internet of Things Munich Message Board › Internet of Things Job Offer
Hi! I received some days ago an interesting job offer related with the Internet of Things in Munich.
I post the offer in case anyone could be interested! If you are interested write at CMiclat@dahl-morrowintl.com
Job Title: Senior Researcher, Internet of Things
The Senior Researcher will have responsibility for specific topic areas within the "Internet of Things" research
group. She/he will develop the sound technical base of research and technology transfer projects, and define how
to address the challenges expressed in the project proposal. Furthermore, the Senior Researcher will work on a
plan to transform the research results into prototypes and products/solutions.
Following Lean and Agile methodologies, the Senior Researcher will take responsibility for a given content topic
and ensure best-in-class implementation. The Senior Researcher may advise Ph.D. students and graduate students
and coordinate her/his activity with members of the development teams.
The Internet of Things (IoT) research group addresses the multitude of interconnected devices and the migration
to an era when "things" are coupled with people, processes, and data to optimize safety and security needs in
urban, industrial, and infrastructure environments. AGT's vision of Internet of Things includes solutions on how
to effectively plan and deploy huge numbers of heterogeneous "things", how to leverage the infrastructure for
multiple U purposes, how to overcome communication and processing challenges, and how to solve existing
operational, safety, and security problems via a unique mapping of threats, operational needs, and ConOps
(concept of operations) to the necessary "things" and IoT data analytics.
• Ownership of specific research and technology areas
• Proposal and development of new research ideas to showcase innovative business cases and/or
technology component/solution offerings (iris)
• Building value propositions from requirements and ideation to delivery of prototypes, patents, and '1"
• Execution on research and technology transfer projects, including rapid transfer of knowledge and results
to Scrum software development teams
• Definition of research and technology transfer project plans (scope, objectives, timelines/ roadmap,
prioritization, delivery order)
• Contribution to strategic research agenda and technology roadmap
• Dissemination and IP creation
• Active collaboration with peer multidisciplinary teams, solution engineers, product management and
product/solution marketing experts, as well as external partners and subcontractors
• Consultancy to business units in areas of domain expertise
• Monitoring of related industry alliances, research fora and groups, (pre)standards bodies, and regulatory
• Collaboration with customers, academic and industrial partners, and enhancement of network of
• Supervision and coaching of Ph.D. students
• II Support activities beyond the Research organization, such as proposal and bid management
• Communication of results and activities to senior internal and external audience
Education / Certification Requirements
• Ph.D. degree in Informatics, Computer Science/Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical/
• At least 4 years of postdoctoral professional experience
Skills and Experience
• Industrial research experience, or working closely with industrial partners
About Dahl-Morrow International: Dahl-Morrow is focused in defense, security, technology and satellite. We have additional expertise in the
intelligence, defense, federal and healthcare sectors. One of the top ten Executive Search firms in the Washington, DC metropolitan area,
Dahl-Morrow has been in business since 1991. We engage in retained searches at the Executive level to the Director level. For additional
information please visit our website, http://www.dahl-morro....
• Experience working in international teams
• Experience working with academic institutions
• Experience in public-funded projects
• Must be flexible to switch to a project management role if necessary, or undertake Scrum product
ownership role for a given period to co-lead product development as a follow-up of technology transfer
projects or new product ventures
• Good programming skills (C#, Java, C++) for demos and prototyping
• Excellent command of written and verbal English
Technical experience in some of the following areas:
• Wireless sensor-actuator networks, sensor data analysis and quality assurance
• Cyber-physical/embedded systems /
• Machine-to-machine (M2M) platforms and modules '
• Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems/
• Expertise in technologies or application-products solving operational, safety, and security problems in
urban, industrial, and infrastructure environments (smart city, smart grid, oil & gas, other critical national
• Hands-on experience with "things" (sensors, smart phones, cameras, microphones, unmanned systems,
etc.), and their coupling with processes, people, and data i
• Experience in setting up hardware-in-the-loop demonstrators
• Algorithm design and simulation in industry-standard environments (Matlab, Simulink, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in optimization and planning (scheduling, assignment, operations optimization), and
learning methods (classification, regression)
• Ability to understand, learn and analyze physical processes in various business domains.
• Interested to pioneer and excel in a highly dynamic environment, and willing to work beyond comfort
• Forward-looking, passionate about his/her ideas, and has the right entrepreneurial mentality
• Good presentation and team integration skills
• Comfortable working in international teams
See you in September for the next IoT meetup!