Hello Cupcake Engineers!
This month's challenge is: Honey
The buzz this month is all about the honey. Sweet and sticky. It might be messy but it sure is tasty! Sting your fellow cupcake eatin' friends and enjoy this creative ingredient together. Honey comb paired with a nice cheese is delish, but Honeycomb cereal sure was great as kids!
Tasters MUST RSVP and purchase a ticket through this Meetup. A paid ticket is required for entry for all tasters. Bring your ticket or receipt with you, we are expecting a large turnout and just as a reminder there will be NO admittance without a receipt sorry if this causes an inconvenience. Bakers do not require a paid ticket to bake, but any guests that accompany you will need to purchase a ticket.
Bakers MUST confirm their attendance by email to ironcupcakesf@gmail
There will be first, second, and third place prizes for Taste and Appearance, a separate prize for Most Creative cupcake, and a Baker's Choice Award.
-The Iron Cupcake Challenge SF Committee
Facebook: Iron Cupcake: San Francisco
**TASTE TESTING BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 7PM**
Who: All friends, family and cupcake aficionados are welcome to attend, taste and judge each month's challenge.
Fee: $10 entry fee includes: cupcake tastings and a free house tea.
FREE for bakers submitting entries. Bakers confirm attendance by email: ironcupcakesf@gmail or calling Will at 415.346.4832.
All sales final. No refunds or credit for future events, includes lost tickets, missed attendance or substitutions.
Bakers: Arrive for setup promptly at 6:00pm.
Tasters: Arrive at 7:00 PM **TASTE TESTING WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 7PM**
- It is mandatory for bakers to confirm baking for every event (This will guarantee you a tiered set up at the event)
- Everyone that attends will be teamed up in sets of 4 or more before given a tray for your group
- We ask that all tasters judge EVERY cupcake entry (not just a few).
- Judging will occur electronically and can be done on a cell phone, smartphone or other web enabled device.
- Once all bakers are set up, we will announce that the voting and taste testing shall begin.
- Please allow bakers to go first, then go in sequence starting at cupcake #1.
- One cupcake flavor per group please!
- Tasting and judging will take about 1.5-2 hours. So many cupcakes...let's take our time and have fun.
- All committee members are welcome to bake for Iron Cupcake and participate in the festivities, but not participate in the winnings to avoid any conflict of interest.
- Voting ballots will be electronic using text and online access.
1) Taste and Appearance
- We will announce when voting will end. You should vote for each category.
- We will tally the votes and announce the winner at the close of our evening, and give out prizes to the Iron Cupcake winner! (This will take about 15 minutes)
- Each of the winners will receive a prize.
CUPCAKE ENTRY RULES:
Cupcake engineers will bake four (4) dozen mini cupcakes of their interpretation of the monthly challenge. Here are the things you need to know/bring:
Time: Bakers arrive at 6pm to display your cupcakes on provided tables (feel free to bring your own trays/tiers if you want to get fancy).
Quantity: Please bring 48 mini-sized cupcakes for your entry. This will ensure there are enough cupcakes to go around for all the judges. Feel free to bring more (sometimes there are more judges, so it's always best to bring as many as you can). If you can't make 48, do your best to get close. For clarification, please bring your ALREADY prepared/baked cupcakes in a baking liner ready to present when you arrive.
Signage/descriptions: Markers and paper will be provided so you can create a small sign with your featured cupcake and your name. Please display your sign with your cupcakes so people know who to vote for. If you would like to make your own sign at home it is welcome and encouraged.
There will also be number flags for you to place on one of your cupcakes to mark the batch. Please be sure to get one of those as well.
Sign in: Sign in at the front when you walk in, so we can confirm your name and cupcake information. At this time please give one cupcake to donate to the Leland Tea Company
ABOUT IRON CUPCAKE: SAN FRANCISCO:
The Iron Cupcake Challenge is a local Bay Area meetup group where any local bakers, friends, and food enthusiasts can join for a monthly cupcake face off. Each month a new challenge/ ingredient will be presented, and all participants will bake their interpretation of the challenge/ ingredient in cupcake fashion. All bakers will meetup on the last Monday of each month where the live challenge will begin. Friends, family, and other contestants will take part in the taste testing as well as voting for the winner. By the end of the evening a winner will be chosen and random prizes will be awarded to the winner. The goal is to gather as many cupcake lovers as possible together to expand their cupcakes horizons, their baking skills, and ultimately have a great time. I will host the events each month and organize the prizes and settings. Please see the Iron Cupcake links below to help with instructions/details/questions/comments:
Facebook Page: Iron Cupcake: San Francisco