Announcing a new Meetup for Iron Cupcake: San Francisco Challenge!
What: Iron Cupcake November Challenge: Thanksgiving
When: November 23,[masked]:00 PM
Price: $5.00 per non-baker
Leland Tea Company
1416 Bush St San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94109
Hello cupcake engineers!
This month's ingredient is: Thanksgiving
It's a time of giving thanks, and it seemed most appropriate to go with a broader theme for the holiday since each person has their own reason to give thanks and celebrate! Please use ingredients that you would find at the holiday dinner table -- cranberries, corn, pumpkin, turkey, etc. -- how you build your creation is up to your interpretation, and most important of all, is to have fun with it!
Jennifer Emerson, Alissa Lee, Liz Smith, and Jennie Sue
The Iron Cupcake Challenge: SF Committee
Facebook: Iron Cupcake: San Francisco
**TASTE TESTING BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 7PM**NEW UPDATES:
- NEW Pre-Registration for bakers:
ALL BAKERS -- When you RSVP, please fill in the questionnaire with what type of cupcake you will be making, so we can include it on the tally form for judges. This will help expedite the voting/tallying process. If you are undecided on what cupcake you'll be bringing, please send us an email once you have decided BY SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, at 3:00PM
. Mail to: [address removed].
- NEW Photos have been posted of Oktoberfest challenge. See PHOTOS on the left navbar, or go here: http://www.meetup.com/Iron-Cupcake-San-Francisco-Challenge/photos/748777/
- Congratulations to the winners of last month's Oktoberfest challenge:
--- 1st place: Robin, Chocolate Cream Stout
--- 2nd place: Lisa Chandler, Root Beer Float
--- 3rd place: Liz Smith, Guiness Gingerbread
--- Most Creative Cupcake: Lisa Chandler, Root Beer Float
All friends, family, and cupcake aficionados are welcome to attend, taste and judge each month's challenge. Fee:
$5 entry fee includes: cupcake tastings, and a free house tea.Time:
7:00 PM **TASTE TESTING WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 7PM**Rules:
- Each cupcake entry will be judged by all folks who attend the Iron Cupcake Meetup.
- We ask that all tasters judge EVERY cupcake entry (not just a few).
- We encourage you to bring or find a partner (or two) to share the cupcakes.
- We will have pens and paper for judging. Please be sure to take a set of these prior to starting.
- Once all bakers are set up, we will announce that the voting and taste testing shall begin.
- Please allow bakers to go first, then go in sequence starting at cupcake #1. One flavor per group or person please!
- Tasting and judging will take about 1.5-2 hours. So many cupcakes...let's take our time and have fun. Voting Procedures:
- Voting ballots will be provided to score based on:
1) Taste for 10 points
2) Appearance for 5 points.
- Once you have filled in your ballots, please hand it to one of the Iron Cupcake Committee folks. We will announce when voting will end, and be sure everyone turns in their ballots. You should complete the ballot for each cupcake as you taste each one.
- We will tally the votes and announce the winner at the close of our evening, and give out prizes to the Iron Cupcake winner! (This will take about 15 minutes to a half hour)
- Each of the three winners will receive a prize.
---CUPCAKE ENTRY RULES:
Cupcake engineers will bake a cupcake interpretation of the monthly ingredient. Here are the things you need to know/bring: **TASTE TESTING WILL BEGIN AT 7PM PROMPT**Fee:
FREE for bakers submitting entries.Pre-Registration:
When you RSVP, please fill in the questionnaire with the name (and ingredients if possible) of the cupcakes you will be making, to include on the tally form for judges. If you are undecided on what cupcake you'll be bringing, please be sure to send us an email once you have decided BY SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22, at 3:00PM
. Mail to: [address removed].Time:
Arrive at 6pm to display your cupcakes on provided tables (feel free to bring your own trays/tiers if you want to get fancy). **TASTE TESTING WILL BEGIN AT 7PM PROMPT**Quantity:
Please bring 48 mini-sized cupcakes for your entry. This will ensure there are enough cupcakes to go around for all the judges. Feel free to bring more (sometimes there are more judges, so it's always best to bring as many as you can). If you can't make 48, do your best to get close. For clarification, please bring your ALREADY prepared/baked cupcakes ready to present when you arrive. Signage/descriptions:
Markers and paper will be provided so you can create a small sign with your featured cupcake and your name. Please display your sign with your cupcakes so people know who to vote for. If you would like to make your own sign at home it is welcome and encouraged.
There will also be number flags for you to place on one of your cupcakes to mark the batch. Please be sure to get one of those as well.Sign in:
Sign in at the front when you walk in, so we can confirm your name and cupcake information. At this time please give one cupcake to donate to Leland's Tea Co.
---ABOUT IRON CUPCAKE: SAN FRANCISCO:
The Iron Cupcake Challenge is a local Bay Area meetup group where any local bakers, friends, and food enthusiasts can join for a monthly cupcake face off. Each month a new ingredient will be presented, and all participants will bake their interpretation of the ingredient in cupcake fashion. All bakers will meetup on the last Monday of each month where the live challenge will begin. Friends, family, and other contestants will take part in the taste testing as well as voting for the winner. By the end of the evening a winner will be chosen and random prizes will be awarded to the winner. The goal is to gather as many cupcake lovers as possible together to expand their cupcakes horizons, their baking skills, and ultimately have a great time. I will host the events each month and organize the prizes and settings. Please see the Iron Cupcake links below to help with instructions/details/questions/comments:Twitter:
Iron Cupcake: San FranciscoCupcake Inspiration:http://www.flickr.com/groups/ironcupcakesanfrancisco/ http://www.ironcupcake.blogspot.com/ http://www.flickr.com/groups/795630@N24/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/kingdomcake/sets/72157608215653602/
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Iron-Cupcake-San-Francisco-Challenge/calendar/11764071/