This meetup is for people interested in Ultimate at a social, fun and not too competitive level. It is co-ed and recreational; that is, be mindful to avoid plays and behavior that could injure others. All adults are welcomed; no young ones because of possible adult language. We are always open to new players of all skill levels!
- Because of past confusion, I need to explicitly state this rule:
"If a player on the receiving team touches the pull before it hits the ground and the disc then hits the ground, it is considered a dropped disc (XII.B) and results in a turnover."
If you don't know what this means... basically, don't drop/fumble the disc on the kickoff if you're receiving, or it's a turnover. Either catch it securely or let it touch the ground before picking it up :)
- The field size is adjusted depending on turnout but are typically set for regulation size (100m X 40m). Be advised there are some areas that are patchy and uneven.
What to bring:
- Sneakers or cleats; please bring cleats (if you have one).
- Dark & light colored shirts so that we can mix up the teams as needed.
- Lots of water or liquids to avoid dehydration
Please RSVP by Thursday, 4pm so I can get an accurate head count!