addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver Italian Food Lovers Message Board › Change in organizers

Change in organizers

Barb K.
user 7817806
Englewood, CO
I wanted to let everyone know that I will be stepping down as Organizer of this group the first of February. Although I do love Italian food, I realize that I actually prefer to most often cook Italian dishes at home!

I'll be relinquishing this group to David and starting a new group for women only that will be dedicated to preparing foods together. I've been doing that under the mantle of another cooking club but want to do my own. We made holiday cookies at my home in December and Stromboli the weekend before last and it's been such fun that a group of us have decided a monthly event of that nature would be perfect; pasta is next on the agenda!

An announcement via Meetup will be forthcoming shortly after this transition and I would welcome your joining; we will cook together, eat out together and hopefully make some real and meaningful relationships that transcend Meetup.

I have two other groups as well. One is Denver Wine Tastings and Events and the other is Front Range Foodies - a group specifically for people who blog about food.

My primary food blog is located at www.vinolucistyle.com. A 2nd newer one is www.rsvpredux.com where recipes from Bon Appetit's RSVP section are prepared by several bloggers and I hope to soon launch www.ourbestcookies.com which will be a compilation of cookie recipes from food bloggers all over the world. Please check them out for recipes and photos of the foods I love to prepare.

I've enjoyed meeting some of you and will continue as a member of this group so hope to run into more of you soon.
David C.
DavidCostantino
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
And to continue on with this discussion... thanks to Barb for taking over the group an paying the organizer fees for the past year plus! I will be taking over the group from her on Feb. 1, and I plan on keeping things pretty much the same. I'll still plan an event every month, but I certainly welcome others planning events as well. If you would like to organize an event, please let me know and I will be happy to help you do this. We have so many great Italian restaurants in Denver and it's hard to get to all of them, but we're going to try! As always, keep the suggestions coming. See you at an event soon!