Spaarndammerstraat 772, Amsterdam
Do you love the taste of authentic wood fired pizza?
If you are looking to for an introduction to pizza making in a modern wood fired oven then this one day course is the ideal way to get to grips with the basics.
Taught by an authentic pizza cook with many years of experience making pizza, you’ll spend 4 hours learning to make pizza using a modern wood oven at this informal and relaxed Italian cooking school in Pinsa's school.
During this course you’ll learn the techniques to make the perfect pizza using a modern wood oven, how to prepare the dough from hand, making the crust as well as an understanding of the balance between the dough and toppings.
The course is set at an authentic, family-run cookery school where you'll learn the local secrets to preparing a perfect pizza.
Using the wood oven is an art in itself and this day course is a great introduction to the secrets of the perfect pizza.
• Suitable for all levels from beginner cooks to advanced chefs
• Minimum age 18 - All classes are taught in both Italian and English
About Your Chefs-pizzaiolo
The pizza course will be run by passionate chefs-pizzaiolo Danilo and Marie
They have participated in the Pizza World Championship, these are the awards:
• 2012, they are 23th in the world an first pizzeria in Nederlands
• 2013, they are 11th in the world an first pizzeria in Nederlands
What Will I Learn?
• To start with, you’ll learn all about the pizza dough, whilst the chef-pizzaiolo demonstrates how to prepare and make the perfect pizza dough
• You'll learn how to manipulate the dough to make the perfect pizza shape, and crust
• Toppings will start with the famous Margherita pizza using freshly made tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil- How to transfer the pizza to the oven, using the different sized pala
• Using the contemporary wood oven is an art in itself and this course is a great introduction to the basics
• If after this introduction to pizza making, you are eager to learn more, please see the professional pizza courses
These classes are euro 180,00 (price per person).
Duration: 4 hours (all cooking classes are conducted in English, French and Italian)
Please note that minimum number of participants required for a workshop to be held is 8. If there are less than 8 people interested in a workshop, that workshop will not be offered.
Info web: PINSA'S - cooking schools
If you have RSVP'd and then change your mind PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF from the event - If you say you are coming and dont turn up, this will make others miss out. So please be fair and remove yourself if you change your mind!
Information public transport: Bus 22, 48 and 353. Tram 3, Haarlemmerplein stop and take bus 22
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.