addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Italian Social Club: eat, drink, LIVE ITALIAN! Message Board Italian Social Club General Discussion Forum › Meetup details changed: Italian Potluck Picnic & Bocce Tournament

Meetup details changed: Italian Potluck Picnic & Bocce Tournament

Richard aka F.
FOODZILLA
Charlotte, NC
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/ItalianSocialClub/events/61973702/­

The Italian Social Club and Good Eats & Meets invites you for a great afternoon of food, drink and friendship as we host our inaugural Italian Potluck Picnic and Bocce Tournament on Sunday, May 13th from 4 until sundown at Nevin Community Park, 6000 Statesville Road, Charlotte NC. Nevin Park is the perfect spot for our first Potluck Picnic as they have a great shelter area and FIVE Bocce courts for our tournament.  We realize this is Mothers Day and many of us will be sharing the day with our mothers. However, many our mothers are far away.  So, if you are sharing the day with your moms, we hope you can enjoy this event with them.  I am bringing mine!  And if your mother lives away, come and join us.  Also feel free to bring your kids as this is a KID-FRIENDLY event and a great and fun way to spend time together with friends and family.

Join us and bring your favorite food/drink (please put what you are bringing in your RSVP) to share and enjoy the afternoon, make new friends, see old ones and live it up ITALIAN STYLE!!!

Bocce Ball 101...

This ancient game, whose modern adaptation most closely resembles bowling, requires skill, strategy and just a little luck. Bocce ball is a great game to play outside on a beautiful day. It is highly popular in Europe, especially Italy, France and the Adriatic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce­

How to Play Bocce Ball | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_3109_play-bocce-ball.html#ixzz1szowPVpq­

We will have a Bocce Tournament and those wanting to take part in the tournament, please say so in your RSVP.  We will be playing a round robin team play.  I will have all the format ready shortly based on how many people we get signed up.  We will play based on the rules from the International Bocce Federation.  We will be asking for a per person contribution to play in the tournament and the top three teams will share in the winnings!

The Italian Potluck Picnic Details... Bring your favorite food/drink (please put what you are bringing in your RSVP) and Mangia Mangia!  We will be collecting a $5 PER PERSON charge to offset the costs of disposables, etc.  You can either pay this fee here or at the park.

We will be located to the rear of the main parking area, which are near the softball fields.  Park there and follow the signs to the picnic.    Bring chairs, blankets or anything else you would like.  There are also horseshoe courts.  Does anyone have a set or two we could borrow?  I will also bring my two cornhole sets for those of you not playing bocce.

We are looking forward to sharing the afternoon with you and yours...see you soon...come hungry and ready to play!

[/url]

When: Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:00 PM

Where: Nevin Community Park
6000 Statesville Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269

Price: $5.00 per person

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.