The Cleveland Italian Language Meetup Group Message Board › Invitation to RUSH Saturday

Invitation to RUSH Saturday

Bill J.
Bill.Johnson
Chagrin Falls, OH
Post #: 254
Ciao Tifosi!

If you are a fan of Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One then you are probably qualified as Tifosi. If so you may have special interest in a film opening this weekend - RUSH. It is the story of British driver James Hunt and Austrian Niki Lauda in their quest for the world championship. And Tifosi would know that Lauda is one of the best and most popular Ferrari drivers of all time.

Ciné Arts Cleveland! and the German Language group would like to invite interested members of the Italian Language group to join them for a screening of RUSH on Saturday (time to be announced) at the Valley View Cinemark followed by dinner nearby at LockKeepers. We'll schedule early enough for a reasonable dinnertime.

Of course you may join us for the film without RSVP but if you are interested in meeting after for dinner and discussion then an RSVP is necessary. You are invited to join Ciné Arts Cleveland! for this event and the annual membership fee for 2013 will be waived. Join by Saturday and use the Promotional Code: Italia.

Ciné Arts Cleveland! web site: http://www.meetup.com/Cine-Arts-Cleveland/­

Here are some details about the film:

RUSH (2013)

United Kingdom/Germany

Saturday, September 28 at TBA

Cinemark Valley View

Director: Ron Howard

122 minutes

Music by Hans Zimmer and Cinematography by Anthony Dod Mantle

“A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen in the film ‘Le Mans’ (1971)

As many members know, I have been involved with motorsports for most of my life including a period photographing Formula One events from 1969 to 1980. During that time I was honored to make many life-long friends in the sport. Some are living but many are dead, a testament to the dangers of this sport. As well, I know that several group members have experienced F1 racing in the past. I look forward to an engaging discussion of this new film that appears quite promising.

We’ll just see how it compares with John Frankenheimer’s GRAND PRIX (1966) which many, myself included, consider the premiere racing film ever made, and Steve McQueen’s LE MANS (1971) (Lee H. Katzin) with its excellent cinematography.

Ron Howard now is personally involved with racing and has promised a landmark film. Considering his achievements and commitment, we are probably screening an Oscar finalist with RUSH. Hope you will join us then!

Bill Johnson

WHO: Ciné Arts Cleveland! and the German Language Group

WHAT: RUSH

WHEN: Saturday, September 28 at TBA

WHERE: Cinemark Valley View

DINNER: TBA p.m. - LockKeepers

The Cinemark Valley View multiplex is located at 6001 Canal Road in Valley View just a mile north of Canal and Rockside Road, 216.447.8820. The theater is located behind the Quaker Steak & Lube and The Oak Barrel.