Al Chance Services...
user 13708705
Group Organizer
Las Cruces, NM
Post #: 12
At the urging of some members, and as a way to spread the costs of the club amongst all members, I am considering instituting Dues of $10 per year as of January 1, 2014 to cover the costs of running the club- which is primarily this Meetup website. Meetup costs me $150 per year, plus other small incidental costs like postage & photocopies throughout the year. This works out to 83 cents per month per member.

The per member cost would be assessable whether or not you are a Meetup website member, "email only" or non-internet member. There would be some refinements- perhaps, charging a pro-rated cost after a member is with us for 3 months, to be sure it is a mutually like-able experience, with no refunds thereafter, unless they are asked to leave ("shown the door").

Your input on this is appreciated.

Armida Carmen H.
user 76564402
Las Cruces, NM
Post #: 1
Al, this is completely reasonable. I confess that I had no idea how much Meetup was costing! $10.00 bucks apiece is getting off cheap when you consider not only the costs of Meetup, etc. that Al has been absorbing, but the overall wonderful experiences we have all shared at club events. That's priceless.
Al Chance Services...
user 13708705
Group Organizer
Las Cruces, NM
Post #: 26
We have raised Dues to $12 for the upcoming 2015 year. As discussed, the costs of incidentals for our meetings have not been figured into the cost of food for events. It is impossible to predict the cost of every paper plate, cookie or cup of coffee that will be consumed at each event. Therefore we are running at a deficit, meaning Maria and I are absorbing some of these costs on our own. Incidentals are water, paper goods, cookies, frappucino, espresso & coffee and the like.