Mekayla
user 9029326
Boulder, CO
Post #: 3
It looks like IxDA is trying to get conference 'reduxes' to take place in cities around the globe. Any thought of trying to do one here?

http://interaction12.ixda.org/redux/­
"Redux events bring Interaction conference talks and ideas back to the local IxDA groups so that the inspiration and knowledge from the conference can reach as many people as possible. In the past, cities have organized these redux events themselves. This year, the Interaction12 committee wants to support these events and make an even bigger impact on local IxDA communities around the world.

Our goal is to attain a standardized and scalable mini-conference model that’s easily deployable, adaptable to local groups worldwide and is clearly and closely connected to the Interaction12 conference experience. We have a two-fold strategy for attaining this goal. First, we’ll be actively supporting a number of redux events around the world. Second, we will be providing helpful documentation and will encourage other cities around the world to get involved in the redux initiative."

Richard P.
user 4150826
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
I'd help if I can... Let's chat
Laurie L.
laurielamar
Boulder, CO
Post #: 2
I would really love a Redux. I am pretty sure some of the folks from CP+B Boulder attended Dublin as well... Richard, did you run into any other Colorado folk there?
Richard P.
user 4150826
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
Hi Laurie - yes, I saw the CPB folks there. A few were presenters. Didn't see anyone else from CO though. I'd be happy to share what I learns in an informal setting. We should look into what the board is pushing as support for local redux events. Could be some cool access to video, etc. I hope!
Richard P.
user 4150826
Denver, CO
Post #: 13
BTW - here is a start on collecting the decks from the speakers at the conference. Will evolve over time...

http://www.richardpri...­
IxDA C.
user 10735369
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I apologize for the late response to this.

I've been in contact with Joshua Kaufman, one of the IxDA 12 Redux Coordinators, and we're working on the framework for the event here in Denver.

To get things kicked off, we're gathering this Friday to get reacquainted and to discuss how we'd like the event to unfold. So, keep your eyes open for the invitation...

Thanks,
Vicente

Mekayla
user 9029326
Boulder, CO
Post #: 4
Terrific! Looking forward to it.