CRES Jeffco Monthly Speaker Series:
Water & Energy in Colorado & the West
Ronald L. Lehr, Attorney
Ron will talk about "The Clean Energy Vision", a coalition effort which makes the case for better power generation and transmission choices using clean and smart generation technologies and strategies throughout the West.
Most of you already know Ron Lehr from his extensive pro bono work for CRES which recognized him with the first Annual Larson-Notari Award after he led the effort fighting Xcel that resulted in the Lamar wind project.
If you still need convincing to attend his talk for CRES-Jeffco here’s why you should come hear Ron’s talk:
- Ron Lehr served for seven years as Chairman and Commissioner of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- past President and Commissioner of the Denver Board of Water Commissioners, the water utility for Denver and surrounding suburban areas
- principal state-wide spokesperson for the successful 2004 Amendment 37 campaign
- long time western legal advisor to AWEA-the American Wind Energy Association
- Ron is one of five representatives to the group found at http://www.cleanenergyvision.org/, which is the subject of his J-CRES talk.
Brian Parsons will lead the discussion. Brian led the Transmission and Grid Integration Group at NREL until early 2013 and is an expert in utility scale wind, transmission and grid integration (actually - we need to invite Brian to give a CRES talk on these issues in the near future!)
And as always:
Enjoy the RECEPTION after the talk!
Since we do not charge admission we depend on your generosity to recover our expenses. For future meetings we will accept business sponsors.
Co-sponsored by the Green Committee of Jefferson Unitarian and the Golden Earth Days Council (which runs the Golden Solar Home Tour)
Their volunteers are making it happen!
Please get in touch if you can run the bar, contribute food, help with the reception or learn the sound & projection system at this or later dates. We’ll need someone for our June 26 event when I can’t be there and can meet to learn the system.
Martin Voelker, CRES-Jeffco.
PS: We had 80 people at our last event on Watersheds with Dave Holm. Can we top 100 this time? Bring along a friend, colleague or neighbor.