Let's go and sing karaoke in Japanese and English at a Japanese-run Karaoke Box in NYC from 3:30PM until 8PM. Karaoke is only $14* to sing all afternoon up until 8 PM on Saturday afternoons. Of course, you do not need to stay the entire time.
*I will be asking each attendee to tip the staff an additional $2, bringing the total charge to $16. I will collect the tip money before we leave the room (or before you go if you leave early). If you attend 2 hours or less, I will only ask for $1 tip.
Important: Please make sure that you are at least 21 years of age, and that you bring proper ID with you. They will not allow us to have drinks in the room otherwise, which is very inconvenient.
This will be an English-Japanese language exchange meetup. We will begin the event by speaking English for an hour, then Japanese for an hour, and alternate every hour on the hour until the end of the meetup. If you do not know how to say something in either English or Japanese, you can either try to explain it in the language, or you can write it down on a piece of paper. If you don't know a lot of English or Japanese, this is your time to get to learn some new phrases.
Karaoke Duet 48 has a book FILLED with songs as big as a telephone book. http://www.karaokedue... They also have the latest songs too! You can search their data base of songs by artist, title or song lyrics here: http://www.clubdam.co...
The song lyrics scroll across the bottom of the screen in Kanji with Furigana. If you don't know how to read in Japanese yet, you can print out the lyrics to your favorite songs in Romaji beforehand, or look them up on your phone / tablet / laptop when you get there.
You can bring food from outside, but all drinks must be purchased there since they have a full bar. They also have snacks you can purchase, or we can order in from a nearby restaurant.
If you need to drive in to NYC, there is a deck located right across the street from the Karaoke place. Print out the coupon and park for only $12 for 12 hours: http://www.iconparkin...
PLAZA 48 PARKING LLC 329
East 48th Street
Enter 329 East 48th or 336 East 49th Sts between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Hope to see you there!
1) This is a Japanese-English karaoke group, which means you can sing at least 1 or 2 songs in Japanese. Please do not join if you only want to sing English songs.
2) Please RSVP to the events you attend, or make sure it is okay with the organizer first before coming. This is due to room-size limitations. The organizers reserve the right to deny anyone entry who shows up without notice.
3) Please bring ID with you to all events to prove that you are over 21 years of age.
4) Please only input one song at a time so that it is fair to all others. Once your song plays, you may select another song.
5) Please tip the staff at karaoke. If it is a marathon, an extra $2 per person is appropriate. If it is per hour, an extra $1 per person per hour is appropriate.
6) If you leave an event early, please give your payment including tip to the organizer, who will take care of the bill at the end. Please always bring cash with you to make splitting bills and tipping easier.
7) If you RSVP to an event and are a no-show, you are subject to removal from the group. It is understandable if something comes up and you cannot make it, but when this happens, please either email the organizer or change your status on the event page to "not attending."